Slight overwater?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Vanquish6, Jan 8, 2012.

1. I just gave my plant a lot more water then I normally give it, she is a week and a half into flower. Well I left and came back and the leaves were pointing sightly downward. What will happen to the plant will it recover?

I have never over watered before I only did this time because I had given it molasses last watering, and even though I have holes drilled in the bottom of my bucket, water has never drained out of the holes throughout the entire grow?

Any input?

2. We'll need pictures to make any real diagnosis. If you aren't seeing runoff then I somewhat doubt that you've over-watered unless the holes have become clogged. Was the soil dry before you watered this time? Stick your finger ~1 inch into the soil, if it's damp, don't water yet, or you can compare the weight of the pot when the soil is dry to the weight of the pot when you've just watered. Don't water until the pot is as light as it was when the soil was dry. You may be dealing with nutrient lockout in this case, since you said you haven't seen any runoff up to this point. Often times salts will accumulate in the soil from nutrients if there is no runoff.

3. ^^^^^^Agreed^^^^^^