Slender

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by StimulateMyMind, Jul 20, 2012.

1. A fucking slender man game!?

Im downloading this shit as soon as i get back home

2. eh its not that good once you play it a few times.

3. #4 nAtuRAlfoRCes, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2012
    Played for 15 minutes or so, started to get a little bit boring, but I must admit it did a good job on playing with the mystery aspect of it all. Many horror games I've played fail to do this, had me sweating as I played in the dark. Curiously enough Amnesia played with the mystery aspect as well, and I got bored with it too.

I'll play it some more later, looks good.

4. Yeah it's definitely not a game you can play more than a few times without getting bored.

I wanna play amnesia so bad though.

5. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pra0LzuprhQ]Demo Friend - Slender (PC) - YouTube[/ame]

looks pretty shitty. just download amnesia instead.

6. fuck this game, fuck this game when your high with the lights out at 3am.

7. #8 Deuro, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2012
    dude! I downloaded this game this morning and i could not get past the first page. I went in the house, found a page, and boom there he was! Just waiting halfway around a corner! Scared the fuck outta me and I ctrl *** del out of the game. honestly, this game is amazing and i truly love the whole "i'm watching you" concept. i just hate how he just appears out of nowhere, you look away, and then he's gone... i don't suggest smoking beforehand because it really gives you the creeps, especially if you know the actual myth that dates back to the 1600s. I was literally checking my back every now and then one time i saw a reflection of my hands on a dark reflective surface and my heart sank, i literally thought i had seen his tentacles.... o_O this game really fucks with you psychologically...

EDIT: apparently a.l.t. is censored? seriously, what's so bad about a.l.t.? also, my site for download is the fansite: www.slendergame.com/

8. This doesn't touch Amnesia. Much better game, and if your gonna play a game of that graphical quality, then play Penumbra 1 and 2. Also developed by frictional games, creators of amnesia

9. The game is interesting, but not terrifying. In the beginning, you get to be amazed by your surrounding. The sound work is excellent and immediately isolates you from anyone else in the world. You're alone in a forest with a limited light source. This leaves you disoriented feeling quite vulnerable to any sudden changes in music or sound. You get to feel a sense of danger, fear, and urgency. I liked this, and was enjoying the game up until my second encounter with Slender Man. Upon first encounter, I instinctively ran the other way, not knowing the mechanics of the game or what would happen to me if I stuck around. The second encounter, I was a bit more daring. I saw him, but to my surprise, he didn't change shape. This kind of put a damper on the Slender Man lore. You expect him to distort his body to becoming terrifying and blend, but he doesn't. He's just kind of there. When you get a good look at him, he's not all that scary looking and you lose that sense of fear. All that is left is the knowledge that if you run into him again you'll further your in-game state and possibly not be able to collect all 8 manuscripts (which I didn't by the way, I do plan to though).

Knowing that the game is still in beta and likely being designed, produced, etc... by only a few people who aren't making money, it's impressive and I really give it up to them. I think with a bigger budget, more man power, and time, this game could be a great title. Right now, though, it kind of holds the idea of "Scary until it isn't."

10. Why are you comparing a simple game like this to Amnesia?

11. haha if only you knew the myth of Slenderman... he's not some grotesque looking creature. also, if you're far enough away from him, you can see his tentacles come out of his back ;)

12. I do, hence my disappointment. He wasn't very tall nor did I notice any distortion of his arms or tentacles. It's not as if I hadn't heard of him before and went into the game expecting terrifying monsters. I went in with the expectation of Slenderman being incredibly creepy and popping up in the most random and spontaneous places. He certainly did and the first time I saw him was a blast. It's just my nature as a gamer and person to pursue everything more, and when I did, his appearance and popping up no longer bothered me. At that point it was just, "move along quickly to get the rest of the manuscripts before I go crazy and have to start over."

I still think it's a great game. The fact that the developers fit this into a 108mb package is incredible. I give them a lot of praise and can't wait to play the finished product.

13. 108 mb? i downloaded 58 mb haha wtf

14. The folder unpacked is 108mb. The .rar/.zip is only 58mb. I was surprised.

15. oh ok. confused me there. still a good game regardless. i can't wait for v1.0
    Hopefully, it'll have a different ending.

16. Heard of this game but didn't know it was free to dl. Same with Happy Wheels, which is decent.

I'll be checking this out later. I'm about to go to bed and don't wanna creep myself out before I enter the dream world lol

17. haha when you do download it, play it in the dark with headphones ;)

18. #19 DrazyHaze, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
    Dbl post

19. [quote name='"MangledChipmunk"']

Why are you comparing a simple game like this to Amnesia?[/quote]

Because Penumbra 1 2 and 3 are like 5 dollars on steam and so is amnesia and if you can't pay 5$ then damn, and the games are much better.