Sleeping On my Hands

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Jaysir, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Every morning I wake up and find my hands holding my chest. I sleep on my chest so I wake up with my hands carrying the weight of my upper body. This cuts the circulation off to my hands because I have absolutely no feeling in my hands for about 60 seconds. A couple of times I would lay on my whole left arm, thus having no feeling in that entire arm for a bit longer. One time I woke up and freaked out cuz it felt like someone else was in my bed. Lol.

Can this cause serious problems?
    Any tips on how to stop sleeping on my hands?

Also I don't go to sleep with my hands under me. I sleep on my stomach with my arms spread out. Like a chalked outline at a homicide. But every morning it's the same thing, hands under my chest.

2. Maybe try sleeping with your hands under your pillow? Not directly under where you lay your head but maybe your hands like to be warm? Lol I don't know man.

3. I'm a stomach sleeper to, and I think your hands naturally do that while sleeping because they're cold, idk that's my theory.

4. Lol I try that a lot but still, same thing happens. Now that I think of it, I think I'm trying to fold my arms in my sleep. Whenever I sleep on the couch(where I'm forced to sleep on my side or backside), I wake up with my hands folded.

5. I always fall asleep with my hands curled into fists and then wake up with numb hands.

6. I usually wake up with one hand down my pants. I think it is because my hands get cold during the night ;)

7. My buddy does this its hilarious cause hes such a dirty guy his hands are always black and he would pass out in jeans with 1 hand shoved down his pants. Maine reason why i dont shake his hands. Plus hes the only guy i know who had a yeast infection.

8. .....

9. I sleep on my stomache with my arms like t'rex's

10. you should always sleep on your side. sleeping on your stomach or back is unhealthy

if you keep laying on your hands, you're gonna have circulation problems from habit