Sleep Deprivation

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by pickledpie, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Experiencing this shit right now, and I gotta say, this has to be my number one drug of choice. I feel like liquid gold, except not gold, but like amber liquid flowing warm light made of ambrosial nectar/ether/boobs.

I'm experiencing boobs.

I'm experiencing a lack of inhibition like that brought on by alcohol, and an excess of chilled-the-fuck-out like that brought on by weed.

Share experiences and shit.

2. The boobs thing was almost like ocd or something, I couldn't stop myself from saying it. I think it's my subconsciousness erupting out of my brain like a large phallus made of though forms emerging from the zippered containment of my jeans to be sucked by the whore of reality.

3. After 2-3 days I get some pretty cool, but mild visual and audio hallucinations, and an interesting state of mind. Sometimes giddy/euphoric, other times it's kind of a more than usual "spiritual" state of mind. Usually very calm and relaxed. 4-5 days and I start getting delusional, and it's time to go to sleep. But I've stayed up beyond that even, and gone through even more bizarre states of mind.

I can't even fucking imagine that... I think my brain needs more sleep than the average person though. I definitely feel very different right now. :yummy:

5. I have to admit, unmentionables were involved, but for some reason, I felt at the time as if this were only the effects of sleep deprivation :hippie:

Nonetheless, my jaw and neck is sore after a few hours sleep. I have to say that the inability to sleep is what made me feel more uncomfortable and abnormal than usual. I feel like talking about unmentionables :( 

6. #6 propianotuner, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2014
    I can vaguely remember going about five days without sleep before, although a lot of it is lost forever because it was one big trip. Of course, during that time I did try two unmentionable psychedelics for the first time, several times, and probably went through an oz of buds just to shoot for the stars. I was visualizing people's echoes, and writing novels in my head. It eventually came to the point where I couldn't tell if I was lucid dreaming or actually awake, and I kept asking my brother if I was awake. At one point everything was an ever-changing swirl of colors and at another point it was like a black and white film. On the fourth day I walked around my house thinking I was swimming through orange juice. By the 5th day I was having so many different experiences that there's no way I could even recall a quarter of it.

I'm told at one point during it I got to go to a meteor shower with my brother, and we ran through the woods while I told him everything I was seeing and he told me the crazy shit he was seeing. At one point during that day I thought I met my animal spirit. We kept hearing coyotes and birds the whole time. Shit, I even decided to get some climbing gear and start climbing an electricity tower, so I could get a better view of the meteor shower. Further on that night I looked at the river and the moonlight reflecting off it's surfaces looked like electric eels. When we finally went back to my place me and my boys watched I Am Legend while we were tripping the fuck out, and I could see the echoes of the sound coming from the TV and bouncing all over the room. Finally we crashed for about 12 hours.

The next day when I woke up I found pieces of toilet paper and napkins everywhere with notes and drawings all over both sides. Diagrams of parabolas and moon's orbits. Throbbing veiny penises. A bloody vagina spraying all over a crying child. A fat hairy dude jerking off into a pool of children's tears. A businessman in a brown suit, holding a cigar in one hand as he leans forward and pukes up dead black babies. A meteor shower. Electric eels on the surface of a river. A tree whose limbs and leaves looked like a voodoo mask. My wolf spirit. Two midgets shitting in a bucket. A TV inside of a TV, inside of a TV, inside of a TV. A black hooker queefing out a supernova. A lunar eclipse made out of swirling colors. An evil fetus in a fish bowl directing an army of little green men. Gladiators cracking each other's skulls with metal dildos. Knights of the round table watching other knights penis joust.

Probably the most awesome five days ever. My brother and I still look at my drawings occasionally and laugh. I guess you could say I've lived a pretty full life.

That's pretty crazy dude... Do you think that kind of thing can have a permanent effect on the brain? I'm pretty sure sleep deprivation can cause brain damage or something. Maybe I'm wrong about that though.

8. Check out the Russian sleep project

I read it. I remember it was a good story, though it wasn't scary in the slightest.

10. #10 propianotuner, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2014

I dunno. But how could I call myself the prof if I didn't look into it? I do remember feeling kind of stupid for a day or two after that, not like I couldn't comprehend or remember things, but like I had to slow down the brain activity because my brain felt like it was going at the speed of light before. There were half hours that felt like an eternity to me during that five day trip. So the next few days me, my brother, and my brothers from another mother just vegged out. I'd go to work and come back to our place, we'd smoke a bowl and just chill for hours without talking sometimes. We'd look at the pictures we drew, and just laugh and laugh. Probably the weirdest two weeks I can remember, between the trip and the stuff we'd talk about afterwards. I'd end my buddy Schmitty's sentences with "and gay sex", and we'd make up our own language, or drink some whiskey and play our favorite version of Apples to Apples where you take only the best cards and use them. Occasionally we look back and say "don't you miss it when we were fucking spazztastic for a while?"

Not sure if it was because of the unmentionables or the sleep deprivation, though. I've been told that psychedelics can make you feel a little slow for a day or two if you have a pretty big trip, and I had a trip that lasted the better part of a week.

11. It wasn't scary, more fucked up. Especially what the guy said at the end before he died.

Everyone has the possibility to turn crazy. The mind is mysterious and can do things we don't even know about. The lack of sleep for that long made him go nuts yet he was still logical enough to know he turned crazy.

From my own experience, he would probably just be tripping out and thinking he was in a dream or something. It's just too fictional. Also the nature of animal instinct is the opposite of chaos.

13. I'm high school me and my friend tried to see how long we could go without sleeping. I think we both went around 3 days maybe 4 but I was drinking like a 4 pack of red bull a night which was terrible lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I think ASAP Science has a video on this. Looo it up, he said there are no known permanent side effects from sleep deprivation or something.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. 11days...... was the longest.....
    i used to stay up for days on end all the time when i was younger.....

i learned latter on in life.....all that sleep deprivation lowers the seizure threshold.....
    the hallucinations one then experiences.... as well as the altered states..... are tiny misfirings in the brain....
    simple partial seizures.....

http://www.epilepsy.com/epilepsy/sleep_disorders

You do know it's a medical fact that you could kill yourself that way, right? 11 days is way the hell too long. 5 days in my case probably wasn't all that medically safe. So maybe your brain will be okay. Or maybe you'll have a brain aneurysm and drop dead. Ever heard of the little boy that tried to break the Guinness world record for this? He killed himself trying.

18. that shit was 20yrs ago for me.... and i have actually had a part of my brain (right temporal lobe) removed..... i spoke to the neurologist about the sleep deprivation... and about "all" the drugs i have done.... he told me that it is more likely that the "partial epilepsy" i didn't know i had drew me to those types of things then it is likely any of it caused my neurological issues... nowadays... if i don't get enough sleep....
    I have major clusters of seizures.....

19. Also.... i did have huge clusters of complex partial seizures during those days of intentional sleep deprivation....they present as blackouts....
    My roommates came to me and told me they were afraid i was schizophrenic.... that i would act very out of character....and then have no memory of it after..... they tell me i had these blackouts most...when i wasn't sleeping for days and days.... it. Was in no way good for me...

20. That nuts man, doesn't sound like a fun condition. And sorry if I sounded rude earlier, just a little freaked out to hear about you staying up 11 days, that's pretty dangerous.