Sleep Deprivation: My Story of 5 days without sleep.

Discussion in 'General' started by BoSlazed666, Aug 17, 2010.

1. #1 BoSlazed666, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2010
    Ohkay. So i decided I would test the limits of the human body and see how long i could stay awake ( Drug Free ) before my body essentially shuts down.

Day 1.

Just like an ordinary day. Did everything i usually do, Almost not physical or mentail differences.

Day 2.

Little more tired through out the day but was still easily able to do anything i need.

Day 3. ( This is where it starts to really hit you )

Completely emotionless and almost zombie like. Trouble thinking clearly and lost my appetite but still managed to eat. Very hard to keep my eyes open.

Day 4.

Feels as if the day drags on forever. Sat in bed or on the computer most of the time trying to fight the urge to pass out on the spot. No appetite didnt eat the whole day didnt even leave my room.

Day 5 ( Today )

Really cant fight it anymore. Having trouble thinking up these sentences to type. Most likely dehydrated because i dont remember the last time i drank water.

Its 4:28 AM ( Eastern time ) And im still awake barley. Thinking about drinking a bottle of water getting some food in my stomach and taking a nice long bong rip before i pass out. But im not going to smoke untill i know i cant stay awake anymore. Because once i take that rip its sleepy time :eek:.

Might be able to get through untill the early afternoon but who knows.

Anyway just thought I would share this little experiment with you.

Fuck this shit im going to bed.

2. fuck yea, I did a sleep deprivation thing on gc on my old account, but I didnt go near 5 days. Sounds like fun, I bet your sleeping though, haha so gratz though tell us about the trip more. :smoking:

3. Im going to sleep right now. Ill update you guys when i wake up.

4. Damn...that's gonna be one good ass sleep. Shit, I wouldnt be suprised if you were knocked out for 15+ hours.

5. imo sleep for 2 days haha

most I've ever stayed up because of insomnia was 3 and a half days, that was enough of a living hell for me thanks

God this thread just made me tired thanks

6. you probably already had a micro sleep and didn't even know it. hopefully you ride the bus or have someone give you rides or something.

7. shit i can barely go one day...+rep for having that stamina

8. solid story. longest here was 2 days.

9. Yeah, I heard that you start doing this after a day of sleep deprivation. Your eyes can still stay open, and you can hold some consciousness, but part of the brain shuts down for a quick 10 second nap frequently... something like that anyway.

I'm hopeless with sleep deprivation. The best I've done is 1.5 days to get an assignment done. Even then I think I nodded-off for 30 seconds in the computer chair once.

10. I did 127 hours (5 days 7 hours) the week before spring semester my first year of college. Finally passed out mid-afternoon Sunday and woke up early evening on Tuesday, completely missing my first 2 days of class for the semester. Only stimulants were caffeine and nicotine

One thing to note though - 5 years later my sleeping pattern never really returned to "normal" after that week. I've found that I consistantly function best on a 36/12 sleep schedule instead of the "normal" 16/8 that the rest of the world seems to follow. Although I do seem to have permanent bags under my eyes.

I think it's something that everyone should do at least once in their lives to truly appreciate the limits of their body.

11. This thread is legendary +rep for something I could never do

12. I've not slept for about 6 near 7 days once, and frequently stay awake for 2days. Insomnias a bitch. Its when the Hallucinations kick in that shit gets ugly, but I think thats only from the 6th-8th day, not to sure.

13. I love pulling two day-ers. Usually it's not by choice, but I always get good sleep the next night.

14. fuck. that. shit.
    You're certainly stronger than I.

15. i thought this was going to be some epic tale about what you did with all the extra hours you had...

one word: disappointment....

16. What? Lets see you stay up for 5 days...

17. SMOKE and try to stay up in the dark awhile. enjoy the mild hallucinations from sleep deprivation!

18. Longest I got was 6 days. Most definitely the worst was the hallucinations and delusions. Smoked bud everyday and went to the gym daily. Many stimulants were taken (caffeine, nicotine, and one a I can't mention, but its not a crystal). I too have permanent bags under my eyes and truly appreciate my sanity on a daily basis.

19. 10 hours of sleep and i woke up. I cant fall back asleep but im glad to be smoking again. First thing i did when i woke up was smoke 3 fat bowl packs.

Anyone wanna here about the hallucinations :p

20. Going to my buddies to pick up.

Be back in a few hours or so.