Skywalker OG + Amare Tech SE450 LED (1000W)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Rundskop, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Hello fellow growers.

This is my second grow ever, and my first time running Skywalker OG and the new Amare LED's. I've also never used a trellis of any kind. I've read as much as I can and try to interpret it with an open mind and a grain of salt.

Currently the plants are at Week 4 of Veg, and went straight in 10 gallon fabric pots from clone (no transplanting). I will be transitioning to flower soon, at which point I may put up another trellis. Check out the video of them now, and check out the pics of their progress.

The only issue I have been noticing this grow, should be visible in the video and pics; which is the wilting of the leaves a bit (mostly the new growth, as lower growth on clones were perfect), and the taco'ing or edge curling of the leaves upwards. I've ready that there are 3 cuts of the Skywalker OG, so those characteristics may be a sign of Cut #3 Rob Cabrera's? (wilting aside), but I also am not convinced that everything is going perfectly in the soil.

Being they were put straight into big pots, I did the best I could to water enough and often until they got bigger but never watered to more than a tiny bit of runoff. Recently I flushed them at week 4 of veg with FloraKleen (All GH products) until ~15% run off. I tested the runoff at it was 4300+ PPM... PH was 5.8 runoff, I put in 6.2 pH water every time. I have only fed half strength nutes twice so far, starting late week 2 of veg. That seems excessive, especially when the tap water is 60 ppm before adding nutes. My guess is that from not drenching the soil the first watering, it created air pockets, dry spots and what have you resulting in unused nutrients in the soil, that were carried out during the flush. I roughed up the top of the soil to let it breath better and noticed a root that was very healthy looking and white.

Temps have been steady at 68F night, 75-77F day. Humidity has stayed between 50-65%.

I have much to learn so your constructive criticisms are welcome.

Thank you!
    Rundskop.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Subbed up fam I'm also running the SE 450uvb in 4x4 but let's see if we can get u sum traffic lol

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  3. IN!
    Skywalker looked like a good strain checked it out awhile back, 4300 ? you got ppm for days in there. Look like they're coming along decently man.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Subbed! Starting out real nice! Great looking room in general! All of you guys and your leds! Soon, very soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 3
  5. #6 Weed Dude, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    Subbed Up !

Welcome to the "family" . Like your watering wand. Check out a guy called grow boss on the Tube. He has a good video on trellis installation and how to "weave your plant in it. ( Ya have to get through his sales pitch but it is good and informative). I am currently running a SE- 450 vs a 600 watt HPS grow off.
    Here is a link to my current journal... Check it out if you like.

Weed Dudes AMARE HI-LED Adventure- Revolution to Revelation

• Like Like x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 3
  6. #9 Rundskop, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Thanks! I'm hoping the flush was a good call. Never used FloraKleen until now. I shouldn't need to flush until harvest now, but time will tell.

I will thanks for the suggestion. My attempt at "SCROG'ing" is a little embarrassing compared to everyone else's. I didn't start early enough and the branches became too thick to really bend much. I think the second trellis will be much more effective and even up the canopy.

Thanks for subbing! I'll be sure to update as often as I can.

I really wanted to do the SCROG method but didn't expect them to grow this fast and thick. It seems I missed the timing for SCROG'ing them but I'm hoping the second trellis will do more for me than the first.

I did add some clips to help train the tall branches outwards. A bit unorthodox but it's helping for now. IMG_0095.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Interesting what are the rings?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Those are Hydrofarm plant clips, typically used when staking plants, instead of using a plant tie or string. These are reusable, super light and versatile. I used them with bamboo stakes last grow and figured they would work with the trellis too.

These plants are really booming after switching to 12/12 and turning on the Bloom lights. Temps are up with the bright Cree lights but nothing alarming - 81F max. Going to tighten up the trellis when the bottom leaves come up a bit. IMG_0100.jpg IMG_0099.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. Looking Great! Thanks for the info on the plant clips! I am totally stoked on the SE-450 it is doing a AWESOME job.

• Like Like x 3
  10. #13 Rundskop, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    Despite there being so many different factors between this grow and my last, I do attribute much of the vigorous growth to the SE450 panels. The plants are not letting up!

My last grow had less watts, smaller pots and twice the plants as well as different strains, but this grow is going much much better.

I'm very excited to see what the coming weeks have to offer. Here's a list of the nutrients I'm running:

• GH Flora Series (Micro, Grow, Bloom)
    • GH Floralacious +
    • GH Liquid KoolBloom
    • GH Armor Si
    • GH Flora Nectar
    • FF Open Sesame
    • FF Beastie Bloomz,
    • FF Cha-Ching
    • Atak (SAR supplement)
    If anyone has any input on UV-B for plant development I'm all ears. Anyways, back to staring at these beautiful girls.

11. AH the GH series. I always used that as my standard go to nutrient for running new strains. Right now I am running Cogo's it is a two part and I only supplement with cal/mg and SI. As for UVB it is my first go around with using it also so no experience there.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Just a little update. This is the end of week 1 of flower. Buds are coming in but I'm running out of room. They're growing "too fast".

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  13. TREES!!! Looks like you grew way past your first trellis! It appears you have you lenses on. I would be careful you can really fry your tops if they get to close. Are you running your UVB yet?

• Like Like x 3
  14. This is exactly why I haven't gone COB yet and stick with the other Amare panels.. I don't have the height in my space to be able to grow really big plants without them getting really close.
    But with the SS150 and SS260 models I grow right up to them with no negative effects. I want one of those 450's so bad but I know I'll have to change the way I grow, so... I haven't. This guy is killin it though...!

Lixxs LED Honey Hole

• Like Like x 3
  15. We got some jungle action goin' here.:) Immaculate and impressive! Mine if I grab a seat with bong in hand, sir?

@WD, you kind of show....

How far are u from the canopy...bout 20-24"?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Oh you can grow "trees" with SS-260. You just have to do a little "plant maintenance" If you look at this pic that is the SS-260 in the back right corner. We still had a good 3 weeks to go.

GR16 WK 7-1.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  17. Sure is! It is looking awesome Run!

• Like Like x 4