Skyrim Graphics

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Mithrandir, Nov 16, 2011.

1. I have skyrim for the ps3 and so far I've been loving the game, but I can't help noticing the poor shadows and some texture issues. My shadows appear as squares almost and are constantly moving, and I've notice some pretty low res textures. Has anyone else noticed this?

2. who cares lol. its the best game graphically ive ever seen. who cares if its not perfect. graphics dont matter that much anyways :p

3. [quote name='"lar20"']who cares lol. its the best game graphically ive ever seen. who cares if its not perfect. graphics dont matter that much anyways :p[/quote]

Get used to it. Everyones a graphics whore ever since we entered the new gen.

4. I agree with you completely. But I do not care the slightest bit. Excellent gameplay.

5. yeah but i mean come on lol. complaining about alittle bit of low res textures or shadows. have you ever looked up in the sky in the game? it looks like the real sky. once again i have never seen a game with graphics this realistic and good. people are hard to please these days lol

6. Its cos you're on PS3.

Though yeah my laptop can only run it on medium, probably looks the same as yours

7. It does this on my 360 too... I've found that it doesn't do it on my 1080p tv, only on my old computer monitor I've had to use lately which runs in 1280x768.

Regardless, it's very easy to look past considering how amazing this game is, just don't look closely at the shadows and you'll be good to go.

8. You should change your .ini or download that shadow mod oh wait...

9. guess what you can mod your game on consoles too.

anyway ive also noticed shadows dont seem very stable in certain areas of this

10. No where did I say Skyrim was a bad game or that I wasnt enjoying it. I've been loving the game, I just want to get the most out of it. Another interesting thing i discovered is that my download size to the HDD is only 4.3gb when it should be 5.5.

11. why do you think it should be 5.5?

12. I have seen a few graphics comparisons and I would have to say that
    PC (obviously) > Xbox 360 > PS3

The lighting and shadows looked better on the 360 to me.

I haven't noticed any problems except yeah some of the tree shadows can look a little pixel-y sometimes but it doesn't bother me at all.

13. Reading more about this it sounds like its a known issue to Bethesda and they are currently working on a patch.

14. [quote name='"Jdahms"']

why do you think it should be 5.5?[/quote]

Back of the box shows it as being a 5.5 install. Can anyone confirm their download size?

15. My install is only 3.8 GB on xbox...

16. [quote name='"That Engineer"']My install is only 3.8 GB on xbox...[/quote]

What are your graphics like?

17. Memory 256 MB system and 256 MB video

LULS, BF3 is using over 1.5 gigs of ram strictly for textures on my pc

ur ps3 has less than a 1/4 gig of ram to handle texture files

shitty ass consoles are shitty ass consoles, just think if those cheap fucks at microsoft/sony included atleast 1 gig of ram, you'd have graphics ON PAR with current PC games (except not in DX11 of course)

:wave:

18. [quote name='"Number1Indica"']

Memory 256 MB system and 256 MB video

LULS, BF3 is using over 1.5 gigs of ram strictly for textures on my pc

ur ps3 has less than a 1/4 gig of ram to handle texture files

shitty ass consoles are shitty ass consoles, just think if those cheap fucks at microsoft/sony included atleast 1 gig of ram, you'd have graphics ON PAR with current PC games (except not in DX11 of course)

:wave:[/quote]

I know what the graphics on the console are supposed to look like. They look fine on my buddies PS3 and on the Xbox footage ive seen. Im well aware that pc is superior to consoles but at the same time the consoles aren't garbage and I know for a fact that the graphics should be looking nicer then they are on my ps3.

19. try reinstalling the game?

20. [quote name='"Number1Indica"']

try reinstalling the game?[/quote]

Tried this twice with the same 4.3gb install each time. I'm not sure what else to do.