skipped school today...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by dekro1, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Well first of all let me share some background info about myself.
    I lived in New Zealand for most of my life(im 18) grew up there etc and used to have a bunch of friends we all smoked, etc. Back then though my friends and i used to do alot of bad stuff. graffitti, steal stuff, fights heaps of shit you name it we done it. Well anyway in about mid 2007 i got caught for some shit and had to go to court and shit. Got arrested twice... 1 week apart so basicaly my dad got sick of it so he said i had to go to charelston SC to stay with my mom for awile. So i got here in August then to find it my parents had intended i stay here perminantly. It fucked me off cause i miss all my friends and my home and stuff its a totally different world here in the US.

Well anyway since ive been here ive changed my ways. im a senior in highschool havnt got in trouble yet(in NZ got kicked out of 2 schools in a month). no crime,etc.

well today i really didnt feel like school so i decided to skip. i used to skip school all the time in NZ and didnt think much of it. Well i left school. picked up a joint and smoked it on the way to the drving range. you could say i had a great day today but i feel like shit for some reason.

I feel so much guilt now and like im worried if i get caught. not because of the punishment i dont give a fuck about that but because my mom will be really disapointed and i didnt really care about it as much when i lived with my dad but my mom is really great to me she lets me smoke at home etc so i feel like shit.

share your thoughts on this

2. Well man it's good that you feel bad about it. That shows that you have dedicated yourself to your education. If you get caught just tell your mom the truth and promise to her it won't happen again. Plus man your 18 and a senior, a lot of seniors skip.

3. I skip all the time and I'm still a good student.
    Everyone skips in senior year.

4. thats good man...thats guilt youre feeling and thats what you should feel when you do something wrong...that means youre learning your lesson

5. yeah i skipped tooo much my senior year...both my senior years..and didn't grad....wasted my time/parents money...and all that shit...not good now i'm out of school, no job, no diploma...i'm gonna get my ged soon...damn

6. What exactly does "fucked me off" mean?

7. ^^^You cant figure it out? Anyways, yeah man, ive realized that guilt is good in its own ways. Kinda like your own personal teacher, who you wont throw paper balls and shit at. Just remember how you feel now next time youre thinking about skipping. Some of my greatest lessons ive learned have come from laying in bed at night stricken with guilt unable to fall asleep..

8. I should have skipped school more often, but it would also mean I would miss football practice and coming back to practice after a day off is like telling the team to go fuck themselves, so you really have to be dedicated if you are in a sport or have other commitments. Maybe you need some other activities to keep your mind off of how much high school sucks the phat cock and then you won't dread going every day and every day. Keep toking and don't let that bullshit get you down man!:smoke:

9. yeah it sux though cause my school is impossible to skip without getting caught. as soon as you are marked absent from a class they automatically leave a message on your parents phone saying you were absent and which period. my moms on vacation in South Africa right now so im just with my step dad but when she gets back she will prob find out and that isnt going to go down well. but shit they dont know how hard it is to move ountries at my age. Its hard as shit leaving your life and all your history/friends/all you know behind at 17(i moved here when i was 17). All that plus school and i got exams on friday... shit sometimes is too much.

10. i skipped alot my senior year too, and my mom didn't care. she even let me skip on senior skip day whenever she knew very well i was goin to be gettin baked the entire day with friends. i'm a freshman in college now and haven't missed a class all year.

11. honestly bro, id say if it makes you feel that guilty, then dont do it. take this as a life lesson, and stay in school. make the best of it. it really does pay off to focus in high school, and to go on to college. you will still have plenty of free time... hell, i was working 40 hour weeks last semester AND taking a few night classes.. still plenty of time for a good bowl or four..

may suck being here, away from everyone you know, but might as well make the best of it, right? wont do you any good being bummed about it all the time, and trust me, i know how bad it sucks to move to a new place and know NO ONE.

12. Welcome to america bro. It can fucking suck. I have a simple solution to your problem though. Get high, THEN go to school. Trust me, its makes it...fun.

13. Dude...senior year is when you're supposed to skip. Get all the school skipping you want done senior year so that you'll be ready to go to class 1st semester of college. I made the wrong mistake and thought it would be cool to just stop goin to classes midway through my 1st semester in college. Needless to say, I'm STILL fighting to stay enrolled here