Sketch for a new piece

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Havok Se7en, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Check out the sketch for my new drawing I'm itching to work on. I wish I had a lot of fucking time to work on it, but oh well.

Sketch is made with graphite, and worked over again with watercolor and inked with India ink.

Attached Files:

2. Love it!
    I really dig your style, I love the combination of water color and ink.

Hope to see the final product even if it takes a while!

3. Have you ever tried soaking a Crayola marker in India ink?

Looks good. Mixed media always rocks.

4. Nope. In high school I fucked around with gesture drawings dipping Crayola marker into water.

I've been thinking of trying to work with oil again, but I feel that would take much more time to create work.

Thanks :wave: I'm hoping to work on my style enough and refine it until it's all my own. But it's hard to be original these days.

5. Looks cool. :smoke:

6. I'm in the same boat pretty much.
    Since I don't browse too many sites with people sharing their work, I could totally tell that this piece of work was similar to your other pieces you have shared with us here.

If you were ever into gifting a piece or making a fair trade I would totally frame your work to put up on the wall and admire for a long time.

7. Thanks! Grasscity and my Facebook page are really the only two outlets for my work, so it's good to see that someone's noticed my work.

I only gift my pieces to very close friends/family, but I've been eager to do a collaborative piece with someone someday when I've time.