Six Questions: Part I - A spiritual journey in Nepal

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Kamasutra, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Hey guys,

My friend and I were chillen in Nepal and decided to make a film on the last day of our journey. This is Part I. It would be sick to get your comments, and if you subscribed to the youtube channel. Part II will be out in a week or so.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StHrGURLMX4]YouTube - Six Questions: Part I[/ame]

2. I liked it. That is really cool that you went to Nepal man... I've always wanted to do something similar.

When you said "Everything that is happening right now is right" that is spot on. The horrible things happen for a reason... and tragedy occurs as the result of a divine love that we can't comprehend.

There is a story of a Buddhist who lived on a farm.

One day he lost his horse. All the villagers said "How terrible!"

The farmer said "Maybe"

Then the horse came back with three more horses!

The villagers said "How fortunate!"

The farmer said "Maybe"

Then his son tried to ride the horse and broke his leg.

The villagers said "How terrible!", and the farm again replied "Maybe"

Then a group of soldiers came, and said the army is recruiting all able bodied men for war. His son was inelligable because of his hurt leg.

The villagers said "How fortunate!"

The farmer replied "Maybe"

That is true wisdom... the ability not to see things as good or bad, but just seeing them as IT, as the way they are and nothing else. One cannot tell what misfortune a "good occurence" may bring in the future, and what fortune a "misfortune" will bring in the future.

3. sweet man. I'll be watching part II for sure.

Edit: Boss I love that little story. Your post are always the best...or maybe they're not. Who knows? :D

4. Thanks buddy.

I like yours equally as you like mine.

:D

5. Just imagine a world without the internet. Where would you be in your existence right now? I couldn't even imagine...

Everything really does happen for a reason. When you just feel the world around you and realize how beautiful the fact that we are existing right here, right now, talking over some crazy, mysterious technology, and even the fact that I am aware of my existence and that I can seemingly control things...ughh words do it no justice. I think you will understand my point. :D

Everything is so beautifully for intertwined and connected that, to me, its so obvious that we are ultimately all one. Everything I see, experience, and feel is myself. Amazing.

6. For real man, it never ceases to blow my mind. I have learned so much from this forum and the internet at large.

The fact that Kamasutra has been able to convey visual aspects of footage from his past to random people on the internet is so cool. We got a visual/audio glimpse into Nepal and Kamasutra's personal journey that is so awe-inspiring. I think if someone from a hundred years ago saw this stuff their head would literally explode lol.

7. Forreal man. Life itself is so profound and no one even realizes it.

8. Great video Kamasutra, I'll be waiting for part 2...

9. Thanks for watching dudes. What are your own thoughts on some of these questions?

10. #10 thabosshogg, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2011
    Well, here's my thoughts on the first question: What is love?

Well there are two types of "love": animal love/passion (aka our desire to have sex with girls, our finding women beautiful, basically all gender based love relationships).

Then there's what I call true love. Now true love and animal love can overlap, so you can have sex with a girl out of true love, not just animal love, but true love is not exclusive.

When you love truly, you love everyone equally with no exceptions.

From my own personal experience, the only way I can describe true love is wanting to cry everytime you look at any human...

This has only happened to me on occasion but when it happened I literally could not look at any person without getting teary eyed. It's a feeling that can't be put into words honestly.

It never really leaves either, although it isn't always expressed fully to the point where you are overwhelmed by it to the point of tears, you never really lose that sense of compassion for everyone, even if it only exists permanently on a much lesser scale.

It's like seeing all the pain, all the love, all the sorrow, all the joy, all the hope, all the loss, all the little quirks and intricacies of yourself, all of those aspects of your life, and seeing all of that (and more) in literally everyone you see, as if they were you. Even what I just said is insufficient to describe it.

11. Wow dude, that super interesting. I know what you mean by "true love," because I think I have experienced it a few times throughout the past year. It's an amazing thing. I feel as if true love could be synonymous with the profound realization that we're all the same.

12. Absolutely man. That's a real good way of saying it.