situation at hand

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by howdigetsogood, Jan 16, 2008.

1. my garden has whiteflies and possibly spider mites? can anyone remedy my problems. heres some pictures of whats going on.

Attached Files:

2. Dude, I can't believe you haven't gotten any help on this problem since Jan. I just noticed because of the post you made in my grow journal.

I constantly battle white flies and spider mites and some li'l green muncher that looks EXACTLY like the fat calyx it's eating. Welcome to growing in Florida.

Spider mites are the hardest thing to wipe out because they hide so well under the leaves and in any hidey-hole they can find.

Are you growing outdoors? If so, you can control whiteflies with any garden safe insecticide. Avoid spraying in the direct sun, wait until dusk. Mix to the strength recommended for tomatoes and thoroughly soak the plants. I take the sprayer and run it in between the branches to make sure to get the undersides of the leaves. Note: Do not use insecticides when the plant is close to harvest. Probably no closer than 4 weeks out.

I also mix up a stronger batch and spray a kill zone all around the yard. Whiteflies breed and live in the grass too.

I have spider mites on my currently flowering plant in my growbox. I don't have a mite prob. outside. I mixed up a dose of insecticide in a bowl and used a wad of paper towels dipped in that to wipe all of the fan leaves where the most of the mites were. I also took out the lightproofing and hosed out the plant chamber and sprayed the sheathing.

They can really suck the life outta plants.

3. Neem oil kills both.