Sitting Here Wondering

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Deleted member 351711, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Words are for communication. They're not meant to define life. You can only define life by living. Words are no more than a tool. You know you have to eat that piece of food to keep living, yet you can't reach it. "Hey, can you pass me that piece of fruit over there?". Mission accomplished.

You live until you can live no more. Then there's the unknown. What happens when you enter the unknown? One can only wonder. But isn't wondering just the beginning of something new?

Wondering seems to feed this need. If there's a need to wonder, when does one stop wondering? When does one stop living? I feel these two words are interchangeable. With that in mind, take a look at my thread title. What do you see?

Is there an end? One can only wonder.....................................

2. Is this the way of life? To wonder what life is?

3. #3 Deleted member 351711, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
    Just about everyone does at some point. Not just to wonder about life tho. But to explore life's wonders. Wondering in general

4. #4 DBV, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2011
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines (words/interpretations)." - MJK (Lateralus)

Unfortunately over-thinking is my guilty pleasure too... haha. I'm beginning to think the intellect is a curse and the true language is natures patterns as a whole. Just images trying to say hello...

5. I agree, except for the part about intellect being a curse. It sure does seem like it at times tho ha ha. I see it as a way to sort out these things we wonder about. To understand these wonders better. I feel the development of human language can be confusing until you step back and realize it's just a way to communicate, and words don't actually mean anything at all when it comes to the big picture

6. Well said. I agree. It's amazing the mess humans have made of its own evolution, including language and its inherent ability to categorise and divide.

7. I love going deep into thought also but always hate that what I've come up with is, is simply subjective.

8. True. But think of it like this. In order to realize we made a mistake, we have to overthink what we got 'right' until we realize that it was actually a mistake. The good comes only after the light is shined on the bad.

Yeah, but that way you keep wondering(living). If you discover something important and special, you'll know it. Ideas are like keys. You can have a million of them, but when you turn the right one, the lock clicks open.

9. Agreed. The question is will humanity see the light before it self-destructs by its own knowledge.

10. I believe so, but we'll find out when we get there. All we can do now is wonder