Site for tracking data.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stickels, Jan 7, 2013.

1. #1 stickels, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2013
    Howdy,

I created a website for grower enthusiasts to track their data. I was looking for a side project and noticed some growers were using excel to track their data. Since not everybody knows how to use spreadsheets I thought it would be cool to create something easier.

If anybody is interested and it's okay with the mods I'll post a link.

Edit:

Oh, I see my post for the growers lounge was actually approved. Guess nobody saw it (or nobody cared haha) cause it took a while.

2. Post it. As long as it isn't an advertisement for your own financial gain, it should be okay.

If it's something for free to the community, I'm sure everyone will appreciate it with kind words of constructive criticism haha

I'll speak for myself and say that I definitely could use an easy way to keep track of all my stuff. The thing I've run into with a lot of programs is they keep too much info. They've got a lot going on, and I personally don't need to document every little tidbit of info.

3. Cool, you can find it over at Sproutsheet.com You can use it anyway you want. Some people like to track a lot of data (First Grow: Royal AK Automatic) while others like a more twitter style with just short status updates (various veggies). The tool is completely free (no ads). It also should work okay on your tablets or smartphones so you can use it inside your grow environment.

I almost forgot but if you have suggestions you can always let me know either here, pm or at the link at the bottom of the site.

4. put an android app together, far more useful

5. The website is responsive (it resizes) so you could use it in your android browser. It's not exactly the same as a native app but it's pretty close.

6. app is only on my phone vs sending data to a website, liability/privacy issues, app can run with no internet connection, etc

close but definitely not the same

7. Aaah, of course I wasn't looking at it from a privacy / no internet connection point of view. Since the goal is to create a grow database with well formatted grows a private app probably isn't in the future anytime soon. Thanks for giving my site a spin though. :)

8. yeah, most people aren't going to want any evidence out there, backed up on a server just waiting to get subpoena'd

just a thought

9. Depends where you live, some legal growers are using the site already to inform their patients. You could also say the same about this website.

10. There is no "legal", maybe state to state but it's still Federally illegal, so most are trying to keep their cards close to their chest.

Talk is cheap, but you're right, a lot of people won't document their grow for that very reason.

11. That would be my concern too. Unless one is taking steps to mask the real IP, it could be a sting. :smoke:

12. Hehe, I got the same reaction on reddit. If you are doing something illegal I wouldn't advice to post it on the internet though. Sure you could use Tor or proxies but one wrong picture with exif data and you are screwed.

13. which is why there'd be demand for a standalone app...!

14. I might look into it if a lot of people would like that.

15. If i were you stickels I would make a Java App. Exactly the same but stores the data on that users pc.

16. I know why you would pick Java because it's multi-platform. Was maybe thinking an offline browser app would also work. That way I don't have to start over.