since93: lion vs panther

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by since93, Feb 1, 2012.

1. forgot, my bad...please dont dwell on the title, its something ive been doing..
    \t\t\t \t\t\t
    so, i was up in nirvana and cheetahs and jaguars and lions came up....i thought of an experiment on this (as inhumane as it is):

you get both the male lion and panther to the point of starvation....then release them into a spacious pit where, in the middle, is a cow carcass...

which would get the cow i wondered....

ps...and i thought that since the panther is, or at least i automatically assume it to be, more qgile, a bit faster than a male lion, my first inclination was towards the panther getting the cow..

what do you think?

2. Lions have been known to submit to smaller cats. Too social.

3. Not to mention lions jaws built for suffocation.

Jag is only cat that can crush skulls with bite force.

Whoops you said panther...

4. so everything considered yorue first gut reaction is that the panther emerge victorious?

5. damn youre right..i said jaguar then panther....but i just checked oxford dictionaries and for jaguar it says:

Panthera onca

so im guessing panther is pretty interchangebale with jaguar?...or is it idk....anyway panther wins you say?

6. MaxP0wers: a lion would win and thats a fact. Unless the panther was 2x larger than the average size.

7. Panther can refer to jaguars and leopards that have black coats due to melanism.

8. SİZE WOULD COUNT OF COURSE, but it would be a good idea to go with average sizes, not anomalous animals...

average jaguar...average male lion...

close call no doubt...but i say jaguar because it would more than likely be the jaguar thatd draw first blood by its quickness....of course the jaguar then could mae a supid too bold move and get scrushed but then the variables increase of course....

9. [quote name='"since93"']SİZE WOULD COUNT OF COURSE, but it would be a good idea to go with average sizes, not anomalous animals...

average jaguar...average male lion...

close call no doubt...but i say jaguar because it would more than likely be the jaguar thatd draw first blood by its quickness....of course the jaguar then could mae a supid too bold move and get scrushed but then the variables increase of course....[/quote]

If you do quick research online you'll learn that an avg. Lion would beat an avg. Panther

10. well, when i put "lion versus jaguar" into google scholar, the first five pages worth of results (50 entries) didnt give me what i was looking for...or i didnt see it but all i saw were other things on lions and jaguars....

so instead i share here and get fellow procannabis peoples thoughts...:smoke:

11. there's such thing as google scholar?! :eek:

this revelation makes my day

oh and i feel like a female lion would fight better since they do the hunting.

but the jag/panther still wins