Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

since youve done it, do you know more than them?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by NaughtyDread, May 9, 2004.

1. a thought jus occured to me. i was reading a recent post about some acid. ive done enough of it to be ashamed, but i dont think any less of myself lol. and ive done a whole lot of other things that i shouldnt be proud of, but thankful for the experiences. so i was wondering, since ive done these things, does this give me more insight than the people who never have? i mean shit some of the things ive seen and thought of while on an trip have been simply put, amazing. several times on mushrooms, ive felt a presence other than my own, spirtual maybe? i dont no. maybe i was just fucked up. ive candy flipped, been in a k-hole and couldnt get out, but was aware of everything and everyone and every single nerve and sinew on my body. amazing things ive experienced, and prolly taken to limits beyond what would be considered moderate. all these things ive treated as a part of my growing, of me discovering the world and everything in it. these things ive never become dependent on, i looked on them as being a part of a recreational activity. so again can i say do i know more or do i have more insight to life than a person who has never done these things. or am i jus a recovered junkie of sorts? lol im open for the cheap shots on that one. i jus have to know some of your thoughts.

2. Everything you experience gives you more insight on life. I think the "spiritual presence" was just you being fucked up, but the fact you've done hallucinogens gave you valuable experiences that someone who hasn't done them before won't have. But then again, maybe the people who haven't done hallucinogens before HAVE done something else that you haven't, like skydived, written a book, built a tree-house...

In my opinion, nobody's more equipped than anyone else to have insight into life. Everybody has their own insights in different ways.

4. If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
    But make allowance for their doubting too,
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
    Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
    If you can dream--and not make dreams your master,
    If you can think--and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breath a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch,
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
    If all men count with you, but none too much,
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

--Rudyard Kipling

5. But in my opinion it is a much better light that we use to see the world.

Until one has done things that alter your mind into a different state, they havent fully explored themselves.

6. if you have to alter your mind to fully explore yourself.........then maybe you dont know who you are in the first place.?

7. but if you new who you were why would you be exploring...l0l

huh?

well exploring is fun..........:D
    i just dont think you need to alter your mind in order to do it.

8. Why does that make u a junkie?
    So doing psychedelic drugs makes u a junkie?
    Acid is quite a safe drug, actually its a real safe drug. Anyone that would like to argue that id be happy to.

Psychedelic drugs give u amazing insight, on yourself, your surroundings, nature, the universe, your consciousness and so on.

If your a stable grounded person, and have control over your life, job, financies, and family. Then there is nothin wrong with responsibly using drugs.

and whats this about you shouldnt need to alter your mind to do whatever??? WTF do u think weed does???????????

9. well i said i was open for the free shots lol... some people jus dont agree with people who do things in excess. i think i have, but at the same time, i said i looked at it as a part of growing up. it was my choice and i chose to do it. i can say im glad for the experiences i had good and bad. ive always wondered about the values, has doing these things made me more tolerant and understanding of peoples cultures and ways of lifes? has it made me think of things ive never thought of before? yes they have . altering my state of conciousness from time to time is top on my list of the best things ive done, it has bought me closer to understanding what i think is human and i would like to say i hope i have more to offer or just as much as those who havent tried these things.

10. i think your wrong about the acid not being dangerious you can be charged with man slaughter for selling it around here thats pretty serious and if you get double dipped slips and not know it that can easily kill you :/ i used to do mush with this group of kids and before i came along one of them had recently died from acid so pretty serious stuff

11. you are makin sense, its me thats having difficulties makin sense :D
    i mighta saved myself a few years of seaching for myself had i used a mind altering drug. or perhaps i might not have been ready to find who i really was all at one time.<-kinda a scary thought
    i guess i was really trying to say you just dont have to alter your mind to search,...although it is alot quicker.....lol

12. Man... I could've sworn I replied to this thread....

Huh, well anyways. I think it does open your mind. You are more capable of dealing with things, than if you never tried any drugs (mainly mind altering, psychedelics). I think as long as you are a good person and with good intentions when you intend to take the drugs, you will be a better, or at least more mentally capable of dealing with things in life.