Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

simple way to press your kief

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by boredjim8, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I took a bunch of kief off some very nice buds by banging around my grinder on a coaster. ;P Used about half 8th.

My grinder is kinda large so it gets more than my other grinders that are a little smaller. But the stuff is probably more pure in the space case than the big one but o well..

Then I dump it and tap it out on a table get it into a pile. My table has a lip on it so its easy to get off. Otherwise use something else?

I use a light bulb 60w .. a normal kind.. so it gets warm. I turn it on in the beginning. of this process by the way.

I also use some kinda plastic cover like something that is a wrapper on a dvd case or cd. Also if you roll your own cigs some pouches come with a nice one on it. prob could use wax paper i assume.. but I haven't.

So I scoop the kief carefully onto the wrapper trying to make it a little spread but not thin. Then I will fold it.. the sides first then the top down.. so it makes like a gum stick when pressed.. Sometimes i give it a little press on the table.

After that I take the stick still folded in it and push it onto the light bulb for a few seconds.. it needs to get warm but not hot.. i then hold till i can feel some warmth from the side not touching the light bulb. Then push it on the table again. Repeat this a few times on both sides.

Let it cool down after the 4th time or 5th depending on what you like. Open it up slowly and take your credit card or w.e. u like and kinda get under the pressed kief.. it normally sticks to one side. I like to start from where the bottom fold is where its most thick on a corner.

After u get the big chunk off like a stick of gum u can either take little pieces and roll them into balls or you can just take flakes off and smoke them.. rolling it is fun u can smoke it on a pin by lighting it and blowing it out and putting a cup over it and using a straw to inhale it every few seconds.. or i like flakes when smoking in a bowl over some ash or green it burns easier and easier to hit it all w/o not being able to finish and having the rest smoke away in your bowl while your still trying to hold in the first half...

2. There are over 20 threads on how to press kief. Please do a search before you start a new thread next time.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.