Simple Harvest and Cure (Step By Step)

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Rumpleforeskin, Jul 10, 2009.

1. I am also sorry you had a bad experience with this method. I have hundreds of replies to this thread and no one has had this happen. A few complain about over dry, but never mold. During the winter rains my harvest goes in the bags pretty wet. The bags will finish the drying process. Make sure you rotate the bud in the bag after a day or so. If you hang them until dry, you have no need for bag drying.

I have dried my bud several ways before finding this method (no I did not invent it). The only time I got mold was using the "hanging until stem snap" method. It was impossible to tell when all the moisture was removed. The bag method worked in high and low humidity for myself and hundreds of others all over the world in different environments. Is it fool proof? Apparently not...

Now days we have a lot more science at the retail grow shops and on the net. We did not have Humidity Meter Hygrometer and calibrated Silica Gel Desiccant Packs when I wrote this (if they did it was not known in the grow community). Perhaps we have outgrown homemade grow tools and DIY methods.

I will give you a full refund.

Peace,
    R

• Like Like x 4
  2. I just used this method about a week ago on some small outdoor stuff that finished. It's curing away right now...no issues. The bag thing is an amazing trick. I did put some of the bovida packs in the jars...but otherwise mine looks great. You just gotta make sure it's dry before you can it no doubt

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

3. Very good read Rumpleforeskin all 82 pages lol. I'm like you in a way I used to smoke years and years ago but I am in love with growing but this is my first ever grow. Can I ask you how you tell it's dryed enough to put in the jars by tuch? Is it kind of hard or what? I had mine hanging and in the bag for close to 12 days and lost close to 2/3 to 3/4 of the size of the yeld it dryed a lot lol before I put it in jars but it's still soft. It's been in jars for around 24 hrs now and there is no moisture on the jars and I can't believe how good it smells in that short of time. I did try some of the purple bagsead one and I'm really fucked up so I'm sorry if you don't understand what I'm asking lol

4. Very hard to tell you when it is dry, so be safe and take it a little over dry until you have had a few harvests.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ok I will do that. Thank you. I still have them in the jars but I burp them 2 a day and I check them all over for mold

6. [QUOTE="Rumpleforeskin, p
    Best of luck,R[/QUOTE]

Absolutely stellar write up ,thanks for this info. I've tried many methods, but never the shredded paper bags, goinig to follow this one to the tee- of course with my micro grow, I may only have one layer to bag up lol :) anyway thanks again, I'll give it a go and try my best to do the full month of jarring.

peace,
    Sup

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hey Rumple awesome piece of information. As I use a lot of these techniques myself one thing that puzzles me is your brown paper bag method. My question for you my friend is does the end product smell like a paper bag after been put in there? I mean we all know cannabis is a obsorbant plant. Would it have an effect on the final product as far as paper smell and taste? I understand it won't absorb enough to possible make a different but have you noticed any? Also why the brown paper bags? Why not just leave them hanging a couple more days? Why not trim off all he buds and leave them in a dryer rack? hopefully you can shed some light to this my friend. happy growing with you =]

8. Here's my guess, I use the paper bags for up to 4 days and have never noticed anything. Kinda 'sweats' the bud if ya know what I mean. Bag helps pull moisture out but not to fast. Somewhat breathable and it's not sealed air tight at the top.

Sent from my SM-T567V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Wanted to let you know I just used this method for my small 300 watt led grow and it worked
    Phenomenally . I was a little worried at first that I over dried it in the bag but once it was sealed in the jar for 7 days while I was away on vacation .... ohhhhh boy is it fire ! It's so good !

Thanks again
    Peace
    Sup

It makes me feel the way I need to feel

300 watt LED critical kush micro grow

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...hare_tid=1428140&share_fid=78765&share_type=t

• Like Like x 1
  10. Best way to get stickiness off hands crumble digestive biscuits and rub crumbs in to hands( basically pretend the crumbs are soap) works a treat and removes smell. Pretty sure it's something to do with the butter. Great tut

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. I use coconut oil for the sticky hands. Works like a charm.

Sent from my SM-T567V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  12. @Rumpleforeskin love the name btw. I'm sure this has been answered before. I've searched and found many different opinions on this. I've also searched this thread but having trouble finding it. Just wondering what your ideal temp/RH would be for drying? I have my drying room set to about 61-66 degrees Fahrenheit and about 50% +-5% RH. I read 50% RH is good so that's what I've been going for. My area is very dry so I had to add a humidifier to get to 50%. Your opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  13. I have never been able to control the humidity and temps in the area I dry my plants in. This is the whole reason for this thread. Having a controlled dry room would eliminate the need for bags.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ok I see. Well I feel lucky then. Good thread though. Thanks for the reply.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Haven't been here in a while, thanks for asking. I have cut my use of them substantially. I still use them when I have to go out and shop an such. I don't have issues with them such as waiting for a stop sign to turn green like what cannabis does to me, but the damn things make me sick every time I use them. So, idk, maybe one of these days I'll find that perfect strain. Meanwhile, I'm going to be grateful for what I've got access to.
    Peace
    DD

16. On the off chance that you purchased your seeds or clones from a solid source, you ought to have been educated of the strain, its particular develop examples, and to what extent your plants will spend in the blossoming stage. With some novices, in any case, we frequently begin with bag seed. In this example, we have no idea other than possibly realizing what the strain was called, and that isn't generally precise.

Your first piece of information to the finish of the blooming stage is that your lower leaves will begin to yellow and potentially tumble off. Try not to go crazy, it implies your plant is tearing up every one of the supplements in its body and sending them to the buds. You will know gather is close when the trichomes begin to change from clear to smooth or golden in shading. When you see this happening, quit utilizing supplements!!! They aren't required, and on the off chance that they remain in your plant, they will cruel your smoke. Just utilize ph amended water starting now and into the foreseeable future. This is known as the "flush".

17. What would you say the ideal temp should be for the "cool dark place ". I'm currently trying this method
    . I had it hanging for three days and then put it in yard paper bags. I just mixed them up today but they are still feeling very damp. Im going let it sit for another two days but I'm thinking my temps are high. They are currently in 50 to 72 range.

FuZzY back in Garden. Second grow. CMH-315 sun system. 4x4 tent soil. Lets have fun
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...system.-4x4-tent-soil.-Lets-have-fun.1443872/

18. If it's out in the yard wouldn't nighttime humidity stop it drying out?