Simple clone process, going ok?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by ledhead0014, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Here are my clones after 5 days since planting directly into a soil mix that is over half perlite. I used root hormone powder too.

I haven't used a dome, just put them in my window for light and then at night I put them in my humid garage. my window has a blanket over it so it traps in the heat, and it's been in the 90s outside for awhile. I mist three times a day and I've watered a little bit probably three times since I put them in the cups.They seem to be doing ok but one is yellowing at the bottom. I was told this was normal.

But my question is do you think they've rooted somewhat yet? I thought there'd be a period where they drooped and looked like complete shit but it hasn't came. On the third day one was bending over chasing the light but other than that they haven't looked too bad yet. Not perfect but not bad. I'm not sure what im looking for. New growth?

The thing is due to living circumstances (back at the parents house) I have to put these babies outside in three days. I'm afraid the sun will Kill them but I plan to put them behind a building where they only get a few hours of direct sunlight and it's only at sunset. 1468918470791.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. If it's been 5 days consider it a cloning well done. New growth is always a good way to see what's currently going on

• Like Like x 2
  3. Attached Files:

4. Those are bigger than I take, but they do look healthy. But I doubt they have had a chance to root yet; two weeks in dirt is usually about the quickest.
    Do you have many holes in the bottom of the cups? I always waited until I could see roots coming out the bottom.
    Heat won't hurt them as long as you don't let them dry out. If you have to put them outside, keep them shaded until you see evidence of root growth. Then a few days in morning sun to harden, and they will be ready to transplant.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I had plenty of holes in the cups. And they are doing really well now, already transplanted. I'm going to do some major lst on them so I'll post pics of that too :)

6. My face is so red. Didn't notice this was an older post. I must have been under the influence of good medical buds.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I wish I was under the influence. I'm trying to pass a hair follicle test, been about 4 months sober. Growing is good therapy for me though. I look forward to this fall so bad

8. Yeah I've pretty much gathered from my research today is no droopy at all periods and your rockin