Silverback Gorilla vs. Grizzly Bear - Who would win in a fight?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by jackhos, Jan 25, 2013.

1. The heaviest gorilla is still 200 pounds lighter that the smallest grizz... Bear hands down! Some one prove me wrong

2. Also is GC going to put this experiment up on this thread what time will it be on lol just need to know so i can miss the the birth of my son to watch it lol

3. Cool. If thrown in a pit as a one off I think the bear. If they lived in the same environment the silverback would learn how to defeat the bear. If not physically, mentally.

4. [quote name='"Timesplasher"']Cool. If thrown in a pit as a one off I think the bear. If they lived in the same environment the silverback would learn how to defeat the bear. If not physically, mentally.[/quote]

And maybe sexually?

5. The bear would win it has the killing claws and the killing jaws, Maybe the gorilla if he was an expert at kung fu or a martial art :smoke:

6. Oooohhh how fun! 50/50 still!

In all honesty though, lets say an alpha male silverback, as big as he can get and as agressive as he can get, meets a gigantic mother bear with cubs.

I think that bear will tear that gorilla apart if it comes to that.
    I don´t know how fearless a gorilla can be but bears ARE fearless a lot of the time, and if she needs to protect her young.... man.

That gorilla IS gonna be smaller, so hes either gonna have to be VERY VERY intelligent or he´s done for. So my money would go to the bear.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFtAEM7GkO4]Grizzly Battle - YouTube[/ame]

7. evolution wise yes.

8. Are you kidding me? Who would win? A tank vs a hybrid smart car, who would win? This is blatantly obvious. A Silverback gorrila could rip you in half with brute force like you were a branch in its way. Lets see a cuddly little bear do that

9. I'm on the Gorilla team

10. All I know is that If I was stuck between an angry gorrila and an angry bear, I'm doing everything I can to stay the fuck away from that gorrila.

11. YouTube

That banana tree is that grizzly bears neck aha, look at how the gorilla didn't even have to stand up to snap a tree in HALF, an all he wanted was some bananas!

12. Ronnie Coleman on pcp vs a toothless gorilla? Who wins?

13. Ronnie Coleman is a bitch. Bodybuilder aren't as strong as they look. They build muscle purely for mass and not for toning and strength

14. But on pcp....

15. That's true, but if you can deadlift like 700 lbs you're a pretty strong mf

16. Good point.

17. Yes the gorilla can punch like a mega weight boxer. No its hands are not made out of knives like the grizzly's are. :rolleyes:

18. I'm gonna have to go with the gorilla. The bear has a huge weight advantage and much more jaw power but that's really all he has going for him besides claws. The gorilla is smart as fuck, very strong, flexible like OP said, can be just as if not more ferocious than the bear, and they have thumbs :D

I just feel like in a fighting situation the gorilla would win due to it's intelligence and better use/flexibility of limbs as opposed to just viciously biting and clawing. It'd be an awesome fight to watch though that's for sure haha

19. The Romans used to think about shit like this then actually do it.

20. No contest, don't know what y'all are thinking. Kodiak bear wins in a whitewash.