Silver Surfer Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Smokey McDro, Jul 5, 2012.

1. I got my SSV about a week ago and it is the best purchase I've ever made. I love everything about it. It's GG because that's all the shop had ( I support head shops rather than buying online). I originally wanted the standard or the spherical ground glass, but I really like mine. People tell me that with the GG, the SSV is just a fancy Da Buddha. I was wondering if I should order the standard heating cover or not. I've read a lot of threads about this, but any more info would be helpful.
    Thanks.

2. Hahaha I forgot to put what I wanted to know. I was stoned. Does the standard give you a better hit? I'm having no problem at all with my GG. I just couldn't imagine it getting much better.

3. Honestly, physically it doesn't make much sense that the standard would give a better hit. A narrower stream of air gives the feel of control, along with the movement, but the GonG would give a more even heating.

Both give excellent hits =]. All three give excellent hits really.

4. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']Honestly, physically it doesn't make much sense that the standard would give a better hit. A narrower stream of air gives the feel of control, along with the movement, but the GonG would give a more even heating.

Both give excellent hits =]. All three give excellent hits really.[/quote]

Thanks, I was just wondering. I originally wanted the standard, so when I saw that all they had was GG, I started thinking of ways that's the standard one could have been better. I guess it wouldn't make since to think that it could give a bigger hit.

5. I also have the ssv w/ gg, i've heard the gg goes through a bowl quicker with less control but hit size shouldn't be any different.

6. [quote name='"meech"']I also have the ssv w/ gg, i've heard the gg goes through a bowl quicker with less control but hit size shouldn't be any different.[/quote]

I have the same, and I feel differently. The only difference is a narrower stream of air.

Some people view this as more control, personally I feel it as more uneven. You MUST move the narrow stream around to get everything heated evenly. Is this control? Sure. But I'd rather have a single stream of air that heated everything evenly. You can't move it around sure, but that's mainly because you don't need to.

I'm curious to hear your reasoning about going through a bowl quicker though. That's dependant on the herb and hit size imo. My bowls can last quite a while on the right temperature.

7. It's only what I have heard. It seems obvious that you would have more control with the standard but I have not used anything other than the GG. If there is any difference I can't imagine it being anything too huge because the GG does work for me.

8. Lower temp does last quite a while, like I said any difference must be relatively miniscule.

9. [quote name='"meech"']

It's only what I have heard. It seems obvious that you would have more control with the standard but I have not used anything other than the GG. If there is any difference I can't imagine it being anything too huge because the GG does work for me.[/quote]

Yeah, I just feel as though the "control" is still only it being less even. Narrower stream of air means you can move it more, but it also means you have to. I've never been sure why people thought it was a good thing, other than the feeling of control. A standard navigated by a professional would at it's best be as evenly vaping as a GonG.

All three are great though I'm sure.

10. After using the SGG a few things I have noticed are,

1)Bowls are easier to be packed by hand rather than sucking them up...

2)It is harder to combust? It seems I have to turn the unit up higher (70-80%) to get the same heat..(this may also be a difference in units themselves)

3)You are more likely to get weed pieces in your mouth..I find the screens don't fit quite as nice..