Silly question i know

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Alexp, Jan 25, 2021.

Tags:
  1. I was curious if i should expect any gains size/weight beyond where i am at or if these will simply ripen at this point.
    The strain is Ice wreck and from what ive read it goes 10 weeks. Im in the 7th week of flower. I vegged and flowered until week 6 of flower under a 630 CMH but in the hopes it will penetrate deeper into the canopy i moved them under a 600w HPS. I understand there are different opinions on lighting but from what i undrstand the HPS gives better penetration. Not sure if that was the right move but i attached some pics. Would you expect any substancial gain in weight?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. You looking for quantity or quantity? Harvest too early you loose weight and it will be a racy high. Harvest too late you loose quality.

Watch the trichomes and harvest when they are mostly milky with a few turning amber for the best high.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. They'll usually bulk up the last few weeks. You made the right move as HPS have a better spectrum for flowering. Looks great!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks. The buds are long and dense but the thickness is lacking. Afraid once its dried it will be long skinny sticks. Was just hoping/wondering if after 7 weeks they will bulk up at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ok. Thanks.
    I guess ill just keep an eye on the trichomes and hope they bulk up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. They'll definitely fill in towards weeks 7 to 9, depending on genetics.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thank you for saying that. people tell me to harvest when milky.. but the hippie that thought me always said for the best high and harvest wait till the combs are mixed amber milky. Not many agree..

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  8. Personal preference is where the variation comes from. That and different fads seem to come and go. I remember on Instagram a couple years back, some were going for all amber. I personally chop when they are all milky this usually gets me about 5-10% amber

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I’m an old hippie pothead, been getting high since August 1967.

10. I think a big problem with trichome development is that they don't all mature at the same time. You might have some clear, some cloudy, and some amber, that's why I just go by % amber. That's why I only look for amber trichomes now. I pull mine when they are 5 to 20% amber at the most.