silent1's closet grow (1st grow)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by silent1, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Since i have to work with a small space, I started with 10 seeds (bagseed) on 14 sept 03. 9 sprouted. Then 7 broke the soil.

After germinating, I put them under a 400w MH lamp, about 3 feet from the plants. I'm on a 18/6 light schedule so the space can cool a bit and not strain my electric outlets. The grow space is about 7 square feet, which is about 1 plant per sq. foot.

Other details include:

- Homemade C02 system
    - Negative Ion Generator - with digital thermometer and optional ozone selection
    - Small fan inside

Pics to follow soon.

2. Here is one of the seedlings right when it broke thru the soil. The taproot appeared after day 2 in the paper towel, and the seedling broke the soil about 2 days after that.

Attached Files:

3. Sorry about the camera quality... i'll have to work on that. Anyway, here is that same sprout after 1 week. Looks pretty good, imo. They're growing in seedling starter soil for now, in some plastic cups with holes for drainage. I will re-pot them next week.

Attached Files:

4. Here's the smallest of the bunch. It's still standing tall, but it's odd that this one is so much smaller than the others. The two leaves kinda curl under a little bit too. I hope it doesn't die. Hmm...

Attached Files:

5. More...

Attached Files:

6. Last one...the entire operation. see ya next week. :)

Attached Files:

7. yep..itall looks good to me..good luck :)

8. id move the light to 2 to 21/2 ft if you want short and squatty plants...

9. with good venting and a good fan you should be able to get that MH to approx 16" from the plants............Peace out........Sid

10. I'm gonna adjust the light this weekend when I re-pot them. I think they're about ready. I just wanted to be careful and not burn them. I'm also gonna bury the stem a little bit so it grows a little shorter.

11. You ever grow before?

12. ^^ he's obviously been reading up on it.....good for you.......wish more would do the same.........Peace out.........Sid

13. Here we are, 11 days after I put the seeds in paper towels. They are looking pretty good. I lowered the light to 18 inches above the plants, and they seem to dig it. Also, I got rid of the aluminum foil on the walls. The temps soared to 37 degrees celsius (98.6 farenheit), and that's waaayyyy too hot.

Attached Files:

14. Another...

Attached Files:

15. Here's the small one. I don't know what to think about this one. It's much smaller than the other ones. But it does show some growth, so I'm confused. Everything else is equal. Hmm...

Also, note how the first set of leaves are curling under. That's what really bothers me. I hope it doesn't die. :(

Attached Files:

16. But here's a surprise. I planted this seedling with all the other ones, but it never grew. So I took it out of the light and just set it on the shelf. To my surprise today, I saw this. :D

Attached Files:

17. And here is a shot of the height of the plants. I guess the biggest thing now is trying to figure out exactly when to re-pot them, and what size containers I should use. They seem to be doing fine in the cups so far, but I don't want to suffocate the roots.

So, leave them alone, or re-pot this weekend?

Attached Files:

18. if temps are high then just get some more fans on them suckers and also i heard that if you blow it on the light it will help too... i would say get some more fans in there get that air circulating...

19. Right now the temp is around 85 degrees farenheit when the lights are on, so that's cool. The walls are white, but the paint is kinda old. But the plants seem to be doing great, so I'm gonna leave the foil off for now.

I also have one of those big box fans that I keep right outside the door to help pull the heat out.