Silent Hill

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Living Leo, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Any other fans?

I'm a die-hard SH fan. I love psychological horror and the imagery in the games, especially when I'm high. The music by Akira Yamaoka is beautiful and I really understand the depth of the concepts in the games when baked.

Any other psychological games or movies? I'm thinking about trying Amnesia, the dark descent when I have the chance.

TRWNBT

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I never played the SH games, but I seen the movie, and played the Little Big Planet remake.

Oh man! Since then, I've been wanting to give the first few games a try! Looks very good!

And good luck playing Amnesia... at night... with the lights off... and the volume up... and headphones... and the door to your room opened.

3. The silent hill movies are crap, but the games are great. If you're looking into survival horror games i recommend every resident evil BEFORE resident evil 4. And if you want to check out a good movie watch Donnie Darko, it's kinda dark and cool.

4. The movies were cheap shit for money.

I've played 4, but none before that.

TRWNBT

5. Resident Evil for Gamecube is absolutely fantastic.  RE: Code Veronica for the PS2 is also pretty fun imo, but not the same horror vibe.  

6. been thinking about this game. i saw a commercial and that was it. first thing i thought of though, was "Soylent" Hill.

7. 4 had a shitty story but i personally think 4 and 5 were petty fun to play at the least.

8. Haven't beaten 4 yet, homecoming was good although a lot of people don't like it.

Downpour is disappointing lol

TRWNBT

9. i was talking about resident evil :p

10. Oh, well...

Beat those too lol

TRWNBT

11. ALAN WAKE, seriously though it is awesome!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. The saw games are actually quite good as well.

13. Also check out Shadows of the damned. Its a trippy horror if you are in to that.

14. #14 budBaas, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2013
    Ive never played them, but my brother played Shattered Memories on the Wii, he said it was the best game hes ever played. :laughing:

15. I bought all the silent hill games up til 4 the room. Beat the first one with a friend years ago back in middle school, lol like 15 or some odd years ago...damn

Second and third I only half played, got busy and never had the right "audience" to sit n watch me play, cuz it's one of those types of series.

Four the room I heard was a game that was already in production and then later converted to a silent hill game.

Glad I have them, jus ripped 4 to my jtag las night.

Glad this threads here. Movie disappointed me.

16. And here I am thinking I'm the only one that liked smoking with a good horror game.

I'm just here patiently waiting for the Evil Within.

TRWNBT

17. hopefully its a survival horror like it says its going to be :D

18. That live action trailer. Lol

TRWNBT

19. Yup! Nothing better than playing silent hill 1,2 or 3 in the dark with the volume up! I didn't care much for the room, homecoming or downpour. I also enjoy getting mega baked and playing fatal frame with turtle beaches in a dark room, SUPER SCARY but also very fun