Sigur Ros

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ForeverCreamin', Feb 23, 2006.

1. Just off to bed now and lisenting to Sigur Ros so i thought i'd start a thread. For all of those who know of Sigur Ros, which is your favourite album and song? For all those whop dont know who Sigur Ros are I highly recommend them.

2. () untitled 1
    story of my life.

3. I'm not sure what my favorite song is but all I have heard is () and its pretty tight. I really like track 1

4. What kind of music is it? :confused:

5. :smoking: I downloaded it and listened to it while I did some self reflecting, and it pretty much changed me.

6. takk is damn good. this one song called gong on that album is my favorite. supposedly the lead singer is blind in one eye and deaf in one ear.

7. Takk is a pretty good album. I find that different albums represent different emotions. If I want a nice uplifting listen then Takk will be the first album I go for, straight out chillin album would be Agaetis Byrjun and () is a verryyy reflective album.

quikssurfer I agree haha Untitled 1 is probably one of, if not, there best track. I still find it really strange that even though he sings in a language we dont understand there is still such emotion in the vocals, I dunno, its probably just his voice :smoking:

8. Sigur Ros saved my life.

9. its all about Untitled 8

10. Alright, this thread dragged me into making an account on this board, I've just been a lurker.

As for Sigur Ros, *gets on soap box* As a highly anal music critic, it took me well into my High School career before i even claimed a band as a favorite band. I have to intimately get to know the music, interpret the meanings, etc. The flavor of the month does not get my vote for a "Favorite Band". Basically I am stating this to somewhat explain just how friggin critical I am. If you knew me in real life, you'd think I'm the most OCD person alive when it comes to music. Well, only two bands have recieve the honor of me calling them a favorite. First was Pink Floyd in middle High School. Then, after spending about a year and a half listening to Sigur Ros, they graduated to a favorite band. I will say I am obsessed. I own all their albums, have a ton of live footage downloaded, (in case you odn't know, Sigur Ros is quite happy about fans sneaking cameras into concerts to film them, so on their website forums, they have links to bit-torrents of shows). Well, on October 5, 2005, I travelled over 500 miles to arrive at the Hollywood Bowl show. I paid over 500 dollars for room, and travel expenses to go to show that the tickets were 32 bucks. Well friggin worth it. I will say this in complete seriousness, that one concert changed my life. You want to talk about a life changing experience, see Sigur Ros live. Their music will let you reflect upon what is trully important in life. I have mellowed out, become a better human being because of this show. And what's amazing, is everybody is so blown away by their music that they just soak it in, no moshing or what not. Just an amazing show. (I was also lucky, and they opened up a row between the seventh row and the like dining section they have at the Hollywood Bowl) the morning of the show, so I bought a second pair of tickets and got eighth row, center stage for 32 bucks a ticket. But, the most intense part of the show came when they closed up, the final song... you guessed it, Untitled 8. Now this had long been my favorite song off of ( ), and i always wanted to see this song live just so I could see the energy Orri gives off after the 6 minute mark with his drums. I must say, a mixture between Jonsi's dreamlandic vocals, and Orri's insane drumming, I had such an intense rush in my body I almost collapsed on to the floor, the weird part... I was sitting down. There is just not enough to say about Sigur Ros.

In fact, this Saturday I am contemplating (about 90% chance, have to get some plans finalized for somethign else first) I'll be heading up to Salt Lake City, a 14 hour drive just to see them at some venue. They are worth driving that far for.

Sorry for writing so much, and it might be boring, but when it comes to Sigur Ros, I enjoy every moment writing about them. They are trully the greatest band currently.

By the way Amiina (formerly Amina) are some sexy girls that open for Sigur Ros!!!! MMmm, seeing them in their cute little icelandic tradition outfits, damn!

11. I saw them in concert in Louiville, tickets were only like $30, they played the best set ever, including opening with Takk... going into Glosoli, Untitled 1, which they almost never play in concert and ended with Untitled 8, it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. I'm an Agaetis Byrjun fan for traveling, closing your eyes, let Sigur Ros guide you, Takk... for a time that you want the breakdown, but you want the relaxing stuff to calm you in between, and() is just an amazing album, I haven't heard Von, but I've read that it isn't their best.

As for the concert, Jonsi described it as it was... no moshing, just a couple hundred people (in my case anyway) being totally indulged in this music. It was one of the best happenings in my life to this day....

Edit: Shit, this thread is old.

12. Yeah, sorry for topping an old thread, but when I read this i had to post. I'm all about spreading Sigur Ros to everyone, lol.

13. Jonsi, I definitely agree with you about you possibly having mild OCD. hehe :p

and about the thread... yep, Sigur Ros is amazing... do you guys like The Album Leaf? Sigur Ros invited them to record in their studio.

what about Mum or Bjork?

mmm icelandic goodness.

14. My favorite song would definatly have to be saeglopur.
    also their new album just came out, and its free to listen to on their site.

15. im seeing sigur ros on monday. reading Jonsis review is making me excited for this. about to give the new album a listen after i hit up my bubbler.

16. I saw Sigur Ros two days and it was the best experience of my life. Easily the best show I've ever seen! I'm still high off the show. I cant stop listening to them. I would see them every day if I could. I highly recommend anyone thats never heard of them to get their new album and try them out. I really gained wisdom from seeing them. no jokes :)

17. they are fucking amazing. My favorite song is Untitled #1 not sure what album (takk?). They are really good to listen to when you smoke, they are really ambient. I hear you can easily obtain drugs at their concerts too, I have yet to find out though.

18. untitled #1 is off of ( ) which is probably their most ambient album. I'm not sure about obtaining drugs but I defently noticed people blazing up (including me) altho it was at an indoor ny venue so I think most of the tokers were sneaky. untitled 1 is fucking awsome tho, I think it's the first song of theirs I got into and its all uphill from there

19. same here. brilliant song.

It especially got to me after I saw the infomercial it was used in. Creepy as fuck.