Signs that your significant other is a control freak?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Talk2Q, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Dictating what you wear outside of your home.

2. Dictating who you associate with...

3. Expecting contact every twenty minutes.

Calling the place you're at just to make sure you are where you say you are.

Freaking out because, on the way home, you stopped at your grandmother's for 10 minutes to make sure she took her meds. :D

Downloading a tracking app on your phone.

Snooping through your shit any chance they have.

4. Getting ridiculously pissed if you spend time with anyone other than him/her.

5. That is one. An important one. When they try to control your friends, then that's never good. That will have you one step away from a sequel to "Misery." LOL!

6. I read some news article recently where a lady called her ex 65,000 times in a year, I think. Now that's a control freak!

7. And I don't get that. They won't let you have a life of their own.

8. When you work the same shifts every week for 4 years, and you don't do anything else except sit at home and smoke, and you only talk to the same people you've known for ten years, and all your friends are married with kids, and your girlfriend still interrogates you every single day with questions like, "who all came over?", "what all did you do today?", "where all did you go today?", "how come when I called, you didn't answer then you called right back?", "who were you talking to?".

And you just wanna scream, "I've done the exact same thing for about 1500 days straight! How can you now already know the answers!?"

9. LOL! All I can say is that "I'm sorry." That sounds rough! I couldn't live with that every day.

10. You know mrgoodsmoke...uh...well if you've been with your
    girl that long, I can see where that gets super annoying...
    ...anyways, as a girl, I love to hear all the details. I think
    that's just our thing, we like to map everything out in our
    brains about how things went down blah blah blah.

I'm learning that guys need their space though and you can't
    be told everything all the time. You can't talk their ears off
    every second. For me, I just enjoy hearing all the little details,
    even if I don't remember all of them, I happen to like listening
    to someone's voice just trailing off....I like playing the events
    over in my head because they're usually more interesting than
    mine. I'd rather think about someone else's daily events than
    my own...

Sadly most guys don't want that and just want us to STFU.
    LOL!

Control freak huh...hmm...someone who refuses to let me have
    the remote when I know the buttons a million times better than
    you. Silly power struggles.

:p

11. Hey, let's not get on the topic of the remote! That's sacred. LOL!

12. I'm still trying to pull my buddy out of an incredibly controlling relationship with this girl who has a tendency of taking all of his worldly possessions and chucking them off a second-story apartment balcony when she finds out that he went to go hang out with anyone other than her.

I'm not talking about a few t-shirts and CDs, either; the last time she did this, she threw out two Xbox 360s, a 32" LCD television, two laptops, a desktop computer with a very nice monitor, a whole myriad of less-expensive items that she managed to chuck yards in every direction, all of his clothes, and we arrived to stop the madness (with the police, mind you) while she was violently kicking the cat around the apartment like a soccer ball.

All because he wanted to leave the house for half an hour and go with me to the bar because he was sick of seeing her every second of every day.

:rolleyes:

13. [quote name='"Durchii"']I'm still trying to pull my buddy out of an incredibly controlling relationship with this girl who has a tendency of taking all of his worldly possessions and chucking them off a second-story apartment balcony when she finds out that he went to go hang out with anyone other than her.

I'm not talking about a few t-shirts and CDs, either; the last time she did this, she threw out two Xbox 360s, a 32" LCD television, two laptops, a desktop computer with a very nice monitor, a whole myriad of less-expensive items that she managed to chuck yards in every direction, all of his clothes, and we arrived to stop the madness (with the police, mind you) while she was violently kicking the cat around the apartment like a soccer ball.

All because he wanted to leave the house for half an hour and go with me to the bar because he was sick of seeing her every second of every day.

:rolleyes:[/quote]

Holy shit. Its common sense to leave that relationship, maybe slap the bitch as well.

14. tool :)

15. He's still with her after she threw electronics out of the windows? I would have dumped her and then sued her. That's jacked up. I'm sorry to dis your friend, but he needs to grow a pair of balls and kick that heifer out.

16. A-fucking-men.

It's getting to the point where he might need a serious ear-beating in order to grow a pair, because I would have put up with that for all of ten minutes.

17. haha jesus a tv and xbox.....not to mention 2 laptops?!?!

you need to talk to him like....tomorrow....morning. hah

18. hmmm

Telling you to not "fool around or see anyone else" BEFORE you're even in a relationship...

19. Definitely a deal breaker if someone assumes control of a non-existent relationship.