**Sign Petition to Have Bill In Congress**

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Jamaican Hotbox, Jul 8, 2011.

1. signed. Here we come haha

2. Right on dude :hello:

3. We just went from 740 to 816 by the time I was done filling out the info... About 1.5 minutes.

4. It's nice, but the petition doesn't exactly mean anything. It could reach a million signatures, and they still are not obligated to put it on the ballot.

Hell, Ron Paul has introduced it to his committee over a dozen times, but it never makes it further than that. They don't even give him an extension of more than 5 minutes to speak on the bill. What difference would it make if this Lamar fellow were to introduce it?

5. #6 BloodLust, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Because he is the main opposition to it?

6. Who is Bill and why should he be in congress

7. No, I think you misunderstood the point. Lamar will NOT be introducing it, I was speaking hypothetically. They are hoping that Fred Upton will sponsor it, but like I said, decriminalization bills never get a fighting chance in the house. The sponsor will talk in the committee for 5 minutes, no one will vote to renew his speaking privileges, and that will be the end of it.

I doubt it will even make it to the floor.

8. Signed, but have little faith it will mean anything...

9. #10 BloodLust, Jul 8, 2011
    o_O it seems like we have a chance...

10. same here

11. What's the point of legalizing it.
    In all honesty, weed hasn't been legal in forever and yet I still enjoy it on a near-daily basis.
    And "legalizing it" only means that the government would regulate approved weed
    and you would have to pay a per-ounce-tax on any personal weed

I'm sure most people would not want to pay a tax on their weed so they would be breaking the law in that regard

and then we're in the same boat
    So I say don't legalize it, just smoke that shit man

12. At least decriminalize growing and all possesion no matter what amount of bud you have, then I will be happy.

13. They can't totally stop enforcing it though, cause they'll need to make sure that people aren't selling "black market weed" as it would be known

It's the exact same situation with alcohol or cigarettes
    You can't bootleg alcohol or sell cigarettes unless you are authorized

14. #16 BloodLust, Jul 8, 2011
    What?.... I hasn't been established. You're assuming things.

15. #17 pearl75, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011

The point is to put a stop to arresting non-violent cannabis offenders, and putting them in jail at a rate of one every THIRTY SEVEN SECONDS.

The point is to allow safe access of medical marijuana to the SICK AND SUFFERING in order to give them some quality of life.

The point is to put a stop to privatized institutions that pay off COPS, JUDGES, AND LAW MAKERS in order to keep their cells full of innocent kids for experimenting with pot.

The point is to put a stop to ruining the lives of thousands of college age kids by REVOKING THIER TUITIONS AND MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO RECEIVE GRANTS FOR THEIR EDUCATION just for smoking a joint from a harmless plant.

That's the point.

So, I signed the petition, and I also had my own say. This is what I submitted, and it can also be viewed on the petition comments page.

16. i signed it, i hope(but slightly doubt) that it WILL make a differance

17. Signed and bumped. Someone should post a copy of this in the Activism forum. I would... but I'm high... I'd probably forget halfway between copying and pasting...

18. signed, hope this goes!