*sigh* I know you've all been here.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tha Professor, Mar 6, 2010.

1. #1 Tha Professor, Mar 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2010
    I know you've all been here, and I hate it. I HATE when people make fun of me for being a liberal, or in others cases, for being a conservative.

A lot of times I'll be talking to someone on GC or anywhere else for that matter, and if politics is brought up and I state that I am a liberal, I am called derogatory terms such as "gay hippie" or "baby killer". In strictly my experience, (I can't stress that point out enough, that this is only through "my" experience) I see a lot more conservatives bashing liberals, but I'm sure a lot of you see the same only vice-versa in your situation. It's just become the point where if the subject of politics is brought up, I'll just ditch the conversation. It's not worth the time and effort to argue with someone who's not going to change their minds. I'm open to the conservative lifestyle, believe me. I can tolerate it just fine, it doesn't bother me that their opinion differs from mine, but it becomes a problem when said person makes it a problem. I believe in believing in whatever makes you happy. (can you decipher that? lol)

Anyways, I'm sick of it and it has to stop. Please, next time if any of you are about to bash someone based on their political views, just don't. It causes such unnecessary drama. Honestly, fighting about politics only blinds us to what's important in our lives.

Bill: We should fight poverty.
    Jim: Yeah, but you wouldn't know how, because you're a stupid pot-smoking hippie naive liberal.
    Bill: Well you're a heartless selfish conservative, and I hate your views!
    Jim: I hate your views too!
    Bill: Well, I feel better about fighting poverty now.

2. From my perspective. :)

3. Agreed.

Sarah Palin is definitely a cunt.
    ;)

4. Yes, there is way too much bullshit partisanship out there. But, it's really hard to separate it from politics. It seems like everything done by conservatives is mysteriously linked to "big oil", whereas liberals are funded by rainbows and cheese wonton. I have an acquaintance who is waaaay too partisan. He gives me bullshit based on the definitions of the words "liberal" and "conservative". Yeah, I know. Plus whatever scandals republican politicians have done. Oh, and lots of shit for big oil. God, I'm so fucking sick of people mentioning big oil.

5. ^ fuck that both parties have tons of corrupt assholes for members who are in the pocket of big bussiness. The United States has become epitome of corporitism.