Sifika's Indoor Cabinet Grow ~

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by sifika, Mar 30, 2009.

1. #1 sifika, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
    Hey GC, I am starting my 2nd grow in a much better growbox and on a much higher budget. The plants I will be using are a Sativa called PowerPlant. Doesn't grow too tall and has a great yield.

Materials Used:

Hortibec All purpose Potting Soil (ORGANIC /w Perlite)
    Aluminum Foil plumbing tape x3
    Extension Cord
    Carbon Activated filter
    8 Different CFL's
    Power Plant Seeds

[I STILL NEED NUTES, SOMEONE PLZ HELP AND POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!]

Grow Room:

I will be using this old Clothes Drawer cabinet as my grow space. I have hollowed out the drawers and left it looking exactly how it used to. I will soon drill the drawers shut after Germination when the lights start using the timer. There is currently an issue with Humidity, my gauge reads it is VERY dry in there, any ways to bring it up?

[​IMG]

Vegetative Lighting:

1x 42 Watt 6000K CFL [Daylight]
    2x 27 Watt 6000k CFL [Bright White]

Floweing Lighting:

1x 42 Watt 6000k CFL [Daylight]
    2x 27 Watt 2700k CFL [Soft White]

[​IMG]

Day 1: Germination started, I will check back in a couple days to see how they're doing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Day 3: The taproot has emerged from the shell, and has already started to bend. They are being put in the correct pots and will be covered by a Ziploc bag for moisture/humidity since my growbox fails to hold the proper humidity, anyone know why?

Germination:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Day 4: The plants have sprouted! All 3 of the potted seeds perfectly emerged from the soil. Im not sure how much longer I should keep these bags on them since my grow room doesnt have the best humidity, anyone have an idea? Anyways, on to pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Nice bro, this is some hyphy shit here. Powerplant yeee yeeeee. hahaha

Seriosly though good luck man, I have a solid feeling this grow will go very well!

...oh what I could be looking at right now :confused: lmao

soon though, soon, that PC growbox is gunna be setup faster than I thought.

5. lmao, wattup kirill!

Yeah man get that PC grow started up asap.

6. UPDATE: Day #6. Plants are looking fine, still covered with the ziplic bags, anyone know when I should take them off? They all look pretty healthy so far :hello:

PLANT 1
    [​IMG]

PLANT 2
    [​IMG]

PLANT 3
    [​IMG]

Right now they are only under ONE 50watt CFL 6000k.

Should I start running all of my lights or wait till veg?

7. To increase humidity I've heard of people using a small cup of water or a damp towel.

8. ^Thanks, I will try that out for sure. I tried putting lots of water around the pots but the lights are so hot the water was all gone within 5 minutes, lmao.

9. Paint your wall WHITE!. not black. Or duct tape is that? get white paint up there.

10. ^ lol It's the lighting from the camera, its actualy strips of Mylar I cut and put on there.
    I put a cup of water in the growroom and it seems to be working, it is much more humid in there and the plants have beads on water on the leaf.

11. Day #8

PLANT 1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PLANT 2

[​IMG]

PLANT 3

[​IMG]

12. Here are some pics this morning, the plants look really healthy. They are still on a 24/7 Light cycle but now with all 3 CFL's running. The Humidity in there is pretty low so I have to re spray the area with water quite constantly to keep up moisture. The water beads are from the spray right before the picture.

DAY #9

PLANT 1:

[​IMG]

PLANT 2:

[​IMG]

PLANT 3:

[​IMG]

13. Looks like you got a good start. Thats a great plant, looking forward to watching the grow :rolleyes:

14. Humidity is actually bad for flowering. I don't think it will affect your seedlings too much if you go ahead and take the bags off and just let them grow with the humidity you have. It's actually better that way. Not having humidity during flowering is more important than having it during veg, so you have a good start there, not having to buy a dehumidifier or anything, know what I mean?

15. That's a sweet little secret grow spot you've got going on there, best of luck on your grow

16. Thanks for the kind words everyone, the ziploc bags have been off for 2 days now and the humidity is actually not all that bad in the box anymore. It is still under what it should be, but I wont worry about it since I wont need it during flowering anyways.

The heat from the 3 CFL's is definitely making a difference in the grow room, the soil is drying much much faster and I have to give it a quick water once every 1-2 days. Is this normal or should I try and stay off the watering to avoid drowining it?

:smoke:

17. #17 sifika, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
    Some good progress, the plants are definitely starting to grow on a faster pace.

DAY #11

PLANT 1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PLANT 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PLANT 3 (I moved it into a bigger pot, ripped a piece of the root off by accident, lol)

[​IMG]

18. It looks like you're off to a good start!

Keep it up.
    OT

19. Nice to see the damaged plant standing healthy :smoke::smoke:

Nice man, going great so far.

20. Decent progress, my lights are about 4 inches away so I am not expecting fast growth, just good health. The temp is staying at a solid 29-30 Celsius and the humidity is much better after going on a 18/6 light cycle. Still no nutes as I might not use them at all, still deciding. No PH test yet either because everything looks healthy.

DAY #14

PLANT 1:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PLANT 2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PLANT 3: (SLOW MOTHER FUCKER)

[​IMG]