Sideways Sproutlings???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by growinshit, Jun 9, 2010.

1. So I just got my seeds a week ago, and the just started sprouting yesterday. Now they've all sprouted and are growing like mad! Yay! Bad news is I have to keep them inside to protect from rabbits, heat, dry air, etc(I live in southern california so its kinda intense outside for the little sprouts). I don't really have a great place to put them so they are in my window sill on the west side of my house. They get about 8-9 hours of sunlight a day and are doing great, except for one thing. Because they are in the window the light only comes from one direction and the little sprouts have started tilting sideways to grow towards the light. I turn them around once or twice a day so they will grow the other direction, but I was wondering if anyone had any creative solutions. I'd put up pics but its dark already and I don't know where my camera is. If anyone wants them I can put some up tomorrow.

2. Alright, Im not that knowledgeable about weed but plants in general I know some stuff.
    Are you going to keep them in the window? If so, stop turning them. The plants bend to maximize light hitting them. One way you can counter that growth is get a lamp and use that above them, rather than the sun; Since your guys are seedlings it doesn't need to be anything powerful; if you have reptiles and got some old day-spectrum bulbs from them laying around, you could use that in the beggining untill you get something better.

3. 8 hours of light will not be enough to get a proper grow in.

I'd put a couple CFLs screwed into a deskalmp with splitters in it around them and have them on for at least 18 hours a day.

4. what strain? yes pics please

5. One of my week-old plants is doing the same thing. It must be because i've turned it a few times, because the rest of them are fine.

6. put them outside. once their outside they get more sun and its more direct. also they follow the sun so there not beding one way the whole time cause when they do that they will grow weak.. also they need some wind. otherwise the stems will come out weak and the plant will topple ova. i learned that the hard way.

also for some nutes i found a magic mix
    for my plants i do this [some ppl dont use the stuff i listed cause dey say its bad. but it always fixes my plants wen dey get sick]

1 gallon miracle grow properly mixed
    three 200ml vitamin C tablets
    three 200ml multivitamin tablets [that include the B vitamins]
    a couple drops of plant food [dont kno the brand]
    and a lil piss lol

i kno its weird but i wa sjust bored and mixed it and tried it on my sick plant. next day it was as green as eva!