Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Side effects of weed edibles?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ILikeWeedxD, Aug 11, 2013.

1. So I was wondering what the side effects of wees edibles are. We all know that smoking weed can cause some side effects towards the lungs, but do edibles have no side effects?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #2 CrispyBacon, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2013
    Hmmm they will get you pretty high, and might make you feel tired after. I wouldn't say there are any side effect's because edible's always makes me feel calm and happy. I've never had a bad experience, or a headache from edibles. The only thing people might not like about certain edible's is the taste? I love the taste of weed, so no problem there. 

You can pass out from eating too much though. So becareful on the dosage, and how much you eat. If you do pass out, you'll just wake up feeling good, so not a bad thing either :smoking: . 

3. I guess greening out is a side effect, since its easier to green out on an edible than smoking because they are that much more powerful, but other than that, I cant really think of anything. :smoke:

4. WARNING:Side effects may include
    -Good Times
    -An Awesome Story to Tell
    -A Great High

Lol, but honestly dude idk

5. I've been smoking weed for 33 years and have absolutely no side effects from smoking it. I smoke weed, resin, joints, bongloads, etc. I have been eating edibles for roughly 10 years and no side effects from those either. I'm now 43 and in pretty damn good physical and mental (138 IQ) shape. I'm living proof that weed is good for you.

6. No side effects dude, nearly all the health benefits are from eating cannabis, theres no better way to ingest your thc, only downside i would say is the time it takes to hit ya

7. I completly agree with you guys. Edibles are awesome and are the best way to injest weed other the vapes, imo.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #8 HighFoSho, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
    Been smoking pot for 35 years. The only side effects I ever had, were on rare occasions, if I smoked a ton one day, I might feel groggy the next.

I have experienced the groggies after eating edibles all weekend, on my Monday, too. But then again, I play hard on my days off ;) Sometimes I just need to come back to work, to catch up on my rest :)

9. they taste to good and you think you can keep eating more

10. #1 scientifically proven side effect is TRIPPING OUTTA YOUR FUGGIN MIND

11. some people get constipated sometimes, if they're not used to them. but if you eat them often enough your body will adapt and you'll be fine. Its no different than how your gut might react to any shift in diet.

Worst thing that can happen is you'll pass out for a while and you might have a lingering "glazed" feeling for a few days, which is basically just still being slightly high. It goes away. 

As far as I know, nothing in weed is actually bad for you at all, the only reason smoking is bad is because, well, its smoke and any kind of smoke isn't especially good on your lungs. 

12. One one: the munchies

I made 4 fire crackers with over .5 in each
    Ate one got stupid munchies and ate the rest I was high as fuck for hours!

did u melt

Edibles are way less harmful than it's smoking counterpart because you are not burning anything to inhale. However, the concentration of THC can tend to be higher just because of the nature of the process. The first time I ever tried edibles, I greened out. Which means your memory is jumbled and you forget some stuff. It also came on very slowly to the point I didn't even know I was high for probably 15 minutes or so.