Sicko?

Discussion in 'General' started by EMACMOE, Nov 10, 2007.

1. ANyone else here seen the Michael Moore movie Sicko ...I just rented it last night and I have decided thats Im leaving America.. I mean people just going into hospital without money.. amazing...free college.. I mean shit we struggle with debt for over here is free there.. Land of the Free My Ass.. just wondering if anyone else has seen it ?

2. Nope sorry, but it sucks that America is so heavily medicated that they suck so much.
    I have my own theories about our governmenmnt and such...and it's not good.

3. yeah i watched

if you pick apart any government youre going to find bad things

and since michael moore is picking apart america he has like 500 more movies to make:D

just like if he went to mexico/canada/england/france its not like whole countries are going to be squeaky clean

and i really doubt youre going to move out of america just because of a fat director with too much time on his hands:confused:

4. America has safer better medical care thats the difference. There is a high risk of infection in many other countries hospitals where it is free. Personally I would rather send a lot of money then get an infection and possibly die.

5. I don't know where you got that information but.. its wrong lol

6. im sorry, but michael moore has got to be the most retarded person alive today. That whole movie is a bunch of biased bullshit. dont even listen to that shit, cuba has better healthcare? he has got to be out of his fucking mind, its really sad that people can see one perspective of something thats a lie and decide to move out of their country because of it. fuck michael moore

7. Actually this is true, the greatest doctors in the world are in america, thats why movies are like sicko are so disgustingly innacurate and biased it makes me puke. ive known several people from Canada. They will tell you, how awesome it is to walk into a hospital and get help. sure it costs money but its your money or you LIFE. in canada you can get 3 fingers taken off, and wait a week to get free medical care, by then theres no chance of rescuing any of your 3 fingers. or, you could walk into a hospital in America, and walk out later fine with only some money out of your pocket.

and cuba has better healthcare? in cuba you wait 3 times longer to get medical attention, he also fails to mention one little tiny detail, cubas doctors cant cure a headache. (only a little problem though, right?). also, i talked to my dad about this movie who saw the news about a player in america from cuba, that was absolutely amazed that he could walk into a convenience store and buy milk. ... enough said

as for our education system, america has the best colleges and college educations in the world.

8. Sorry man, but that is wrong. Cuba has very capable doctors, but you would not know this living in the US. Through a combination of the government, media, and social dynamics, misinformation can spread easily and be regarded as truth, in the US. It is then not surprising that most people can have huge misconceptions about other countries and even their own. America's hospitals are not superior, and a lot of European countries have better education than the US. This isn't even the main problem-- a significant percent of Americans cannot get this godly American health care you speak of because they are uninsured. A good country should care for all of its citizens, and not just the wealthy.

9. To be honest I don't want to watch Sicko. I already hate the health insurance companies.

10. ya its fine to watch moore movies but you cant take em seriously, you have to realize this guy is no chomsky and always bends the information to help his cause. think of him like a left wing bill o'reilly just fatter

gotta add that his movie canadian bacon was pretty funny though

11. I have been all over africa, asia and europe and havent seen as good medical care as i have in the united states. Its expensive here but better care for sure.

12. thats all cool but I'll take my chance in france... I mean yea I know that its biased but from my POV the pros outweigh the cons. and yes i'd seriously consider moving because it was a thought before I watched sicko think it'd be nice to be somewhere else.

13. then canada is the place for you

cheap weed

good beer

just hope you can handle the cold:D

14. I'm not complaining, that makes less dumb people in our country :hello:

bye!! :wave:

15. Our country provides more of an opportunity for eveyrone of its citizens to be wealthy than any other country. And i know that our country has better healthcare than Cuba, theyre doctors suck and have the education of a 3rd grader. But yeah i guess your right... i really havent ever been to Cuba but i guess i could just ask the hundreds of them risking being shot, eaten, or imprisoned to get to America. Theyre country's in turmoil.

And its a fact that America has the best colleges in the world. European doctors come to american schools to train for a degree that they can't get in european schools, i knew a guy that did. Most americans are insured, and the problem is, is the people that never payed attention in school, got horrible grades, dropped out and cant maintain a job because of it. It happens all the time, and whats sad is how people complain about people like that and they can get money and support out of it, and they get all of this for not doing good in school..? But regardless, America provides those type of people with a better chance to receive an education to support their families.

16. Thats funny my friend, because the US annually send its top scholars to study at oxford (England) through a little program known as the rhodes scholarships...and that is just one quality institution overseas, there are MANY other outstanding institutions, many of which are considered much superior to most of America's underfunded (because of military spending) public education colleges. Your worldview is very ethnocentric man, not everything america does is right, in fact alot of what our government does is wrong (especially under Bush), but we have the freedom to complain about it and make change, thats why people from cuba come here, not because they dont have good education, because in communism you generally do get good social services at the expense of personal freedom, but because they want to be able to use that education how they want...stop being ignorant and make construct informed opinions. Ignorance is not bliss, its annoying. Im sorry if it came off as an attack because i do respect your right to have an opinion, i just disagree so im voicing mine.

On topic, I saw this movie, and while I may sound like a raging liberal above I am actually a registered republican with much dislike for mr. moore's way of doing things. That said I thought it was a slightly biased, but fair look at medical systems around the world. and it just made me realize we need ron paul. or maybe mccain.

17. its good to see that your a republican and I understand your voicing your opinion, but I know that there are scholarship programs that send U.S. students to Europe, and vice versa. my aunt went to school in Argentina for 6 months, they have a HORRIBLE education system. but America has some of the greatest doctors in the world. And our colleges fund thousands every year to research and development of cures to many diseases.

On the other hand i dont think Bush did many things wrong at all. im not saying by any extent that he was a great president but he did better than any other candidates would of. and its sad to see how corrupted the views of many republicans and democrats have become after kerrys exaggerated speeches about the war in iraq, oil, 911, katrina... i listened to what kerry had to say, but if people would jsut sit back and think about his plan for more than 5 minutes you would begin to understand how impossible it would be. kerrys whole plan for president was a bunch of bullshit that sounded good that would of never worked.

not to say he was trying to corrupt america into some communist organization but communism was the same way. it was supposed to bring equality between social classes and races, the fact of hte matter is that everyone fell into it and it was impossible to pull off to begin with. kerry had no idea what he was talking about, and was just trying to play into peoples heads about something that would be really good for america and this and that, etc.

Cubans didnt come here because of poor education, and i know that, but their country is in complete turmoil. did you read where i said that a cuban who came to america was surprised he could walk into a convenience store and buy milk?? how does moore even begin compare cuba to america?

your right about ignorance not being bliss, some liberals piss me the fuck off, but i realized that getting into a fight over it wouldnt settle anything... so i decided i would instead inform democrats or independents on the facts. its just things like the movie sicko make it so much harder for these type of people to believe what is right and what is wrong. and people like michael moore, i have come to understand, are just propraganda enforcing bitches, who are doing this for nothing more than money and power.

and im also sorry if this came off as an attack, but i do like getting into political debates, i think its important that people know what is going on in theyre government and that they are not misinformed like alot of people today are.

18. :eek::confused::eek::confused::eek::confused:

The first is pure ignorance

The second is ironic because you're saying he wouldnt be a good president because he was preaching change

The third is one of the most hypocritical statements I've read in a while.

but ya, I love debates too...when theyre debates. :wave:

19. Its funny, your saying its hypocricy, so i guess that means you think you know everything thats going on in our government and you ASSUME your right...

Take a step back because what your saying didn't make much sense, it seems like you dont know what your talking about.

Kerry wasnt only preaching change he was preaching to us that he could indefinetely "fix" everything that bush had done "wrong". Have you heard his speeches? What he talks about would be completely impossible to pull off. About lower gas prices, winning the war in iraq... if he had executed his plan it would of thrown off american taxes, put many employees out of a job and crumbled small business owners. Not to mention a stock market crash. Katrina caused the rise and kerry expects to fix it? Katrina fell onto america, bush didnt cause it.

this is assuming of course you did actually listen to his speeches

20. Any healthcare is better than no healthcare. Sorry, US loses.