Sickly fuckers

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BipolarsBane, Jun 20, 2017.

1. I fully understand sexing plants. I wanna know hoe hes doing it thow. At that age they all look the same to me

2. I'm sure you do. I was directing the sexing plants bit to the OP. Not you, friend. I don't get it either. I think they all look the same because they ARE the same. Kills me that they are just thrown out on a whim.

@BipolarsBane: how are you determining the sex before pre-flower??? They are seedlings after all.

3. Everything I've read indicates that female plants start off shorter and stockier, while male plants start off taller and more spindly / sickly.

4. Please reference your sources.

5. Hey im going to try this with my next go of seeds. But im not going to destroy yhe ones that indicate male.

Why dont you do that? Plant like 20 seeds and mark the females and males and actually grow them out. Prove it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I didn't read anywhere that said you could tell sex at a few days old - like you admitted to doing in your original post.
    The first reference was talking about the fact that females grow slower than males but they weren't talking about baby seedlings. They also mentioned about what end the root came out determined sex but said that there was no scientific evidence to prove it.
    The second and third were exactly the same word for word and only talked about growth rate not baby seedlings.
    The last one was a discussion in RIU - certainly not scientific evidence.

I could keep going, but I think that's enough.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. [​IMG]

8. Why do you ask for advice and then argue with the people who trying to give it to you??

• Like Like x 1
  9. You're all getting butthurt over this lol, not me.

I'm poking fun because you guys are loosing your minds over a couple culled plants out of a seed bag of literally thousands of seeds.

10. I'd read the whole thing if I were you.

Per your own link:

Females tend to have more complex branching when they progress from the seedling stage to the vegetative stage. Males, on the other hand, tend to be slightly taller and less filled out. Of course, the last thing you want to do is pull plants out at this early stage, but this can help you get an idea so you know which plants to watch later on. (Note: marijuana plants grown indoors under artificial light don’t usually exhibit these tendencies).

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. One more thing... The two links that I was able to read re: early sexing are telling you these are signs. Not proof. And the one that actually seemed very educated and also says to wait and see by using their methods to prove that the ones you think are male actually are. I would think it would be smart to use all three early sexing methods to identify them. Not just one or two. I mean, maybe you don't really care bc you have a large amount but they do end up running out at some point. Don't know what your $ sitch is and it's none of my business, regardless, it's just wasteful IMO.

The last one didn't load.. site says they're having issues but they all stated the same methods so I think it's safe to assume that one isn't much different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Lol this post is rediculous

• Like Like x 1
  13. Finally someone with some sense

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

14. Man your a idiot this is only true half the time there's 100s of variables that make plants do certain things

15. that's not true

16. I hope you weren't calling me an idiot. I am saying that going by that isn't accurate.

☮️

17. Agreed