sick plants?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by zakary, Sep 27, 2008.

1. i have about 10 small plants all in one large pot (yes i know im not supposed to do that but w/e) and they have been doing real well and growing very fast. they are under a 70 watt hps light and had no problems until i switched them from 24 hr light to 12/12. as of a 8 days ago they have been on 12/12, i switched my high N fert over to a high P one as recommended, i keep my ph at about 6. the new growths are very yellow on most the plants, and their fan leaves seem to be fine. they have not showed sex yet either to my dismay. i put heavy emphasis on the yellowing of new growth tips, and their growth seems to have been stunted. i fear i may have over-fed them, and have just been giving them water now and the problem is not getting any worse but i hardly see improvement. any experts out there who can see an obvious problem here, let me know and i'd really appreciate it, i want my babies to be strong lol

2. You don't want to completely cut off the N until midway thru flowering. Doing it early will yellow them VERY fast. Also, in soil you want your ph a little higher than 6, up to 6.5 if you can.

And with 10 in one pot, they are probably rootbound and so small they won't produce much.

I'd honestly try repotting as many as possible. It will slow down growth and you probably should put them back to veg when u repot. If you take my advice that is ;)

3. good advice. my general idea was that once i put them into flowering, i would immediately remove all males, giving my women a bit more room to grow (its in a small grow box), and then i would double-pot them so that they could have somewhat of a growth explosion during flowering and produce bigger buds.
    it would make sense that they need more nitrogen, but my question is, would over-feeding them nutrients cause NEW growth to turn yellow, or is that a sign of deficiency? whenever ive had plants in need of N their bottom-most leaves would turn yellow and focus the green on new growth, which is the opposite of the case of my plants.