Sick plants

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by AKpermafrost, Mar 20, 2016.

1. #1 AKpermafrost, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    Hi everyone, I'm a noob to the sight and growing in dirt. I have grown on rockwool for quit some time so I'm not a complete greenhorn and kept mothers in promix. I have started 4 plants about a couple months ago and three of them have been getting sick. I planted them in ffof. Out of four strains in the same room three of them have the same symptoms. It started with one strain and has slowly spread to the other ones except the last. Fourth strain is super healthy. Starts out on the older fan leaves as small rust spots. Then the leave starts to curl up and die with the growth slowing down In the plant. Then eventually spreading to all of the fan leaves. I have been keeping my ph fluctuating 6.2- 6.8, room temp is 77-73F with good air circulation, lights are about 2ft away. I have tried giving them cal/mag, flushing, feeding and even spraying for bugs/fungi even though no signs of bugs. I even bought a soil ph/ moister tester to make sure I'm not over watering. I water about every 2-3 days. Not sure what is going on. Hoping someone has seen/ had this problem and can help out with some advise.

Attached Files:

2. I had a similar problem and I dropped the pH to under 6.5.

Iron deficiencies are common when the pH is above 6.5. Young leaves are unable to draw iron from older leaves even if you add in the nutrient. Leaf edges can turn upward and can fall off.

I don't know if this will solve all of your problems but it is a start.

3. Looks like a nitrogen toxicity.
    You need to flush and get the run off to a ph of 6.3 to 6.5.
    When watering you always need runoff. I'm not sure if you're getting it but it helps control the salt build up and the ph in the soil.
    You're plants should be getting about 20% runoff. So if you feed you're plant 1000ml..you should have about 200ml waste.
    Overwatering is normally about if you're plant has good drainage and the room you're plants are in has good air circulation and transfer with proper humidity levels and temperature.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Thanks for the reply's. I flushed them yesterday and got the runoff to 6.3 and then fed them with half strength. Hope it brings them back