Sick Plants with Pics Please Help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Green Machine, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Ok here's the run down..I got these plants from a friend that was moving..i have absolutley no idea what kind of lights or soil that he was using at the time but i can tell you that he did not keep the lights close to the plants at all because they are stretched..As soon as i got them i put them in a bigger pot and new soil. The yield is not very important to me at the time i am just hoping to get any amount of bud possible.

Light Schedule - Week 1 of 12/12
    Lights - 160wats 5600k (i am aware i should be using 2700k for flowering)
    Potting Soil - NPK .12 .9 .7
    Strain - Bagseed

From doing some knowledge myself i am 90% sure my girls have a nitrogen deficiency.It also seems that bugs have been eating the leafs which i have tryed to combat with a solution of water and dish detergent this is my first grow and any advice wisdom or help will be greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. From the pictures I'd say you have a bit of overwatering and also a ph problem.

Are those 5" pots?

What's your ph and how often and how much do you water.

3. Looks like the curling of the leaves might be a Toxic nutrient buildup.Looks like a bit of nute burn as well, so you know they got a bit of nutes.You might want to feed w/ plain PH'd water for a while so the new leaves coming in won't keep curling.I have 4 different bagseed plants from 2 different bags.All 4 plants a different in their own ways.One of them doesn't like too much nutes and does the curl w/ just a pinch too much of my Fox Farms Grow Big.Good Luck, let us know what you find!

4. I doubt that it is over watering...I water them once a week and i check to see if the soil is dry inch deep..The pot is gallon...I guess it could be nute burn but i havent given the plants any nutes except for the nutes that is in the soil. It says it feeds up to 9 months. It also mostly likely is a PH problem also.. i use tap water then boil it..and cool it in the freezer until its back to room temperature. I actually dont have a PH reader so i'm assuming that may be one of the problems.

5. Wait a minute, water and dish detergent to fight bugs?

Ok, the leaves are probably burned from the dish detergent. depending on concentration. Go get some actual insecticide that's for these insects from a hydroshop or online. Give the plants some clean water and regular nutes and see if they come back.

You could be over watering. Coupled with burning the leaf surfaces and they could be drowning (unable to respire properly).