Sick plants need help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Nikiv, Aug 21, 2017.

1. New grower needs help!

We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro? Hydro, Northern lights in 1:3 vermiculite:perlite with peat on top, skunk in 100% perlite
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors, grow tent
    What strain? 1 Northern Lights and 2 Skunk
    How old are the plants? 3 weeks
    What type of lights and how many watts? Mars II 400watts
    How far from the lights? They were at 26inch from the leaves, now 37 inch after the browning started
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Every 1-2 days, tap water and nutrients (ratios as suggested on bag)
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Last fed 2 days ago. 24.2% Nitrogen, 5.6% phosphorus, 11.7% potassium (3.6% sulphur, 0.8% magnesium, 0.17% iron)
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? Unsure. Nutrients are 1 tablespoon to 4 litres
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 16-18 degrees Celsius. It's been cold lately
    What size pots? Small. Home made hempy buckets made from soda bottles
    Any bugs? Look real close. No bugs
    Any other pertinent info? Leaves browning as per photos. Bit droopy, roots are weak

I'll post photos in a sec
    Thanks

2. #3 parky1, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    them mars lights are ok around 20 inch i found. well for a young plant, yeah maybe 24-30 inch. 37 is a bit far
    But i think the problem could be with how much nutes you gave them at 3 week old
    did you give them 1/4 strength or half? and how many times have you fed it? full strength would be too much. first feed i would always do is 1/4 strength and slowly work up.
    you dont want to be giving them anything for the first 2 weeks anyway
    also its good to go water.feed, water,feed or some people go water.water,feed .e.t.c
    they do look burnt

3. The burn could be from the lights - 400W is unnecessary at the early stage. Save some $ on electricity and just use a small lamp the a 2' T5 - or even just a CFL. They don't need much in the seedling stage. They also don't need ANY nutes at until the 3rd set of true leaves are out, then introduce 1/4 nutes.

Overwatering can also look like that - which can also be caused by no drainage from the cups if there aren't holes cut in it. When the stems are thin and the seedling gets floppy and doesn't want to stand up - means it's been wet for too long.

4. yeah your right about the light being over kill for now, but i think the problem looks more burnt from nutes than lights.
    i agree about they look overwatered too. slighty puffy

5. Thank you
    Hopefully with a rest from water and food for a few days they'll recover