Sick Plant, Phosphorous Deficiency? Help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by SoulCandy50, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Hello!

Attached is an image of my plant. It is a little difficult to see, but there is significant yellowing on the lower nodes of my plant. Plus, the leaf in the picture has been developing some dark spots, not on the veins in the leaf, but in between the veins. The spots are brownish-purple, and are slowly getting worse; looking more like dead leaves. I potted my plant with Miracle Grow 21-8-14, and have had relatively little problems up until now. However, I thought I had a phosphorous deficiency a few weeks ago due to slow growth, and have since added small, 3" nutrient spikes with 2% nitro and 9% phosphorous to help fix the issue. The dark spots started to develop since I added the spikes into the pot. Since then, I removed the spikes, flushed the soil, and have been waiting for everything to stabalize. Here is some additional info

-pH = 6.3-6.5
    -I've been spraying the leaves daily with a humeric acid solution
    -18-6 light cycle (at least 3000 lumes from 3 CFLs with the appropriate spectrum for vegetation)
    -I recently topped the plant

Any thoughts? I would love to diagnose the issue before it gets any worse! Any help is appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. No candy no offense but your first promise you using miracle grow come on guy seriously you got it take it take it old school bud sick with a miracle grow is that a go organic Miracle Gro equals corporation bullshit so you may want to start over buddy just checking out some of that organic forums I think it's 707 free dogs will guy what is another guy a o no see for nausea guy and a yeah man keep it simple most of all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Do you mean humic acid?

The molecular structure of humic acid(s) is too large to be absorbed through plant stomata.  Humic acids should be applied to the soil, and sparingly.  You want fulvic acid (much smaller molecular structure) for foliar application, and it's pointless to use unless you mix it with other stuff.  They are both chelating agents used to help "carry" nutrients into the plant.

I won't get into your use of MG soil, but your problems may be due to overwatering.  Water when the plant and pot feel light when tipped up on it's edge.

Picture of the whole plant would help next time.