Sick plant advice please

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Calchin1994, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Hi,

for some reason I can never get veg right, when I used to use 1 part floranova grow it was okay, have tried lots of different A + B but for some reason there’s always issues and stunted growth. I have got some clones that were healthy and nice when they arrived, planted and now there seems to be nutrient issues. I am using canna coco, with canna a + b at 1ml per litre, 2ml rhizo, 0.2ml power si and a bit of cannazym. I have 2 225w LED’s suspended are manufacture height, and temp 26-28 with humidity 60-80. Using plant pots with holes in bottom, feel like I’m not over watering, as never really have any run off. Roots are looking kind of browner when I have checked not clear white, and I adjust the PH to 5.8. Is anyone able to advise what the issue looks like from the leaf photos?? Looks like some dead spots and some leaves are curling down.

Attached Files:

2. IMG_20210123_043233.jpg
    I've learned the painful lesson that over attention is the death of far too many efforts. This recent subject is now one month above ground and on a basic bread and water diet. My suspicion is your issue is nutrient based; at times I've had mine suffer from soil that is too volatile and feel that as I've re-used mine things seem to calm down a bit. My basic mix is 3/2/2 (premium potting or top soil/mushroom or manure compost/perlite) As things pick up steam I opt in a generic plant food (15-30-15) but use sparingly. By no means are my results anything to write home about but I've found less is more over time. The flowering girls in the second pic vegged for about 60 days before going on short hours.
    IMG_20210122_031040.jpg

3. The look of the leaves seems as if it is a phosphorus deficiency, but since you are still in veg, thats probably unlikely since P def usually only occurs in flower. The only other thing that would look the same way is due to low temps, however your temp, 26 to 28 C, is warm enough. That leaves water temp IMO. What is the temperature of your water when you provide it to the plant? It should be 20 to 22 C. Lower and you shock the roots and it ends up causing a P looking deficiency and stunts growth. If your water is within that range then I'd say P def is the most likely cause.

4. It’s canna coco mate, thought it was meant to be good

5. I shall send some photos shortly, but some background, I am using canna coco as the medium, currently in 1L pots, with a Metal halide suspended 3.5ft above them, recently moved down from 5ft. I usually use a 1 part but I am now using canna a + b, with rhizo, cannazym and some power si, all to the canna schedule around 1.7EC at present. I have checked the runoff ph and it is around 5.8, and the ec is about 1.5. I have been careful not to over water, but thought they were really dry as looked very droopy, so gave a proper watering 400/500ml with 100ml run off. Now they are even more droopy. The growth is stunted, they are very pale all over and some leaves are dying or twisted. I have tried to think of everything but can’t think what is wrong. Any idea what could be the issue looking at the photos?

6. Photos

Attached Files: