Sick of these stupid ass shows on tv

Discussion in 'General' started by Bamboobam, Feb 1, 2014.

1. TV is an escape for some.

Some people get off work after a long day and they don't want to be intellectually stimulated.

Sometimes people want to watch dumb people do dumb things because it makes them laugh.

Why does anyone give a fuck what someone else watches?

2. The legend of mick dodge is a fake reality show on nat geo.

Is cops still producing episode? The first and longest reality show is the only truly real one i can think of.

I read most all of my spare time and surf.

I fucking hate TV. I will not pay for that shit.

4. the only channel my tv is ever on is comedy central

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #25 SkunkWoodz, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
    I stick to comedy central or movies.  It's the advertising that I can't stand.  As soon as commercials come on I'm on the computer, grabbing something from downstairs, cleaning, anything but watch a damn TV ad

Oh and shark tank, all else is crap

6. #26 Turin, Feb 1, 2014
    AAAAAADDDDVENTURE TIME!

[​IMG]

8. #28 Clutter Queen, Feb 1, 2014
    After I come home and I've spent half my day in class, I like sitting down and watching some mindless tv for a while.

And believe me, I watch a lot of stuff most people hate. Adventure Time, Fantasy Factory (final season :( ), Duck Dynasty (yeah, I admit it), House Hunters, Say Yes to the Dress (girly bridal show), House MD, and for some reason I like those shows about decorating cakes...don't ask me why. I usually alternate between a book and the tv, though. 

9. Law and Order all day

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ya I don't get nat geo so I figured they did like documentary shows only. And yes new episodes of cops are on spiketv Saturdays 8 eastern 7 central. Always fun to watch how dumb some people are. 

11. Soon it's gonna be just like in the movie Idiocracy

We'll have The Violence Channel and the Masturbation Network.

Go away! Baitin!

12. I haven't watched tv in 3-4 years. Don't miss it. 

13. Unfortunately the History Channel has tons of reality shows on it now, that are all done by the same writers. American Pickers, American Restoration, Counting Cars, and Pawn Stars are all exactly the same.
    Also the Learning Channel has gone to shit. Honey Boo Boo, Hoarders, Sex Sent me to the ER, and shit like that.

There is one show I watched last week, that was funny to me because I realize it is scripted even though it is advertised as "reality".

It's called Friday Night Tykes, about 8 year old kids playing tackle football with coaches that are like drill sergeants. One kid said he was going to puke and was crying to the coach so the coach said "Come on let's go blow chunks over by the tree really quick so we can do our laps." It is just so over the top that it was funny to me, however I turned it off after 10 minutes because it was so bad.

14. Intervention is also a top tier unscripted reality show imo.

Anybody else like pbs? I love me some antiques roadshow and the intelligence squared debates are quite good.

15. #35 Bamboobam, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    Because tv is being soooo dumbed down that's it's really hard to find meaningful shows. You see way more stupid ass shows about drama and corny ass jokes. There can be an idea that's totally original. For an example Duck Dynasty, but people have complained that the scripted part has taken over since they are focusing on more stupid things now. Personally, I don't care what other people watch, but the content is what's lacking on tv. Hence the reason why a lot more people don't watch as much tv. Look back in the past. You had shows like The Cosby Show, Full House, Saved by the Bell, even kids shows on Nickelodeon such as Double Dare, Guts, and etc. that actually taught people things instead of just showing idiocy. Those shows lasted for years!! I know I am talking in my own generation, but I am sure generations before that did the same thing. These days, shows can't even go past 5 years. What do you see on those channels now? Definitely nothing moral/lesson based but it always has to be something stupid going on to get a quick laugh and buck.

16. I'd be ask kick'n mad if somebody blew bio hazard all over me and thought it was funny! Hepatitis is no laughing fucking matter! 

Ya, tv has gone pretty stupid.
    I use tv to divert the voices in my head. I don't sleep well, so I seldom stay awake though a whole movie. I like documentary, about weed, survival, how it's made, and how it works, mythbusters, anything where I might learn something new,  but mostly watch sitcoms that provide humor and require short attention span like that 70's show, trailer park boys, frasier, modern family, malcom in the middle, the goldburgs, to name a few.

17. I stop caring for television a while back, Internet is the way to go for me right now since I can be more entertain by topic's on forums of any discussion at the moment. I'll admit I got some strange entertainment because of comments no matter what is being discussed, I just like knowing what kind of opinion other people have.

• Like Like x 1
  18. #38 lFourTwenty, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014
    Mostly sports and some stuff on HBO..I like adult swim late at night when the weird shit comes on like superjail

never got into the reality tv..if I'm going to watch something that's scripted, it will be a movie that has real production value.

19. I hate tv. Well the 38 mins of it in the hour, i actually found myself enjoying the 22 minutes of adverts nowSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Simply thinking of television makes me crave mental stimulation, God I feel like television assaults my intelligence quotient.