Sick of over nute/nitrogen tox.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ambient206, May 28, 2016.

1. I'm fucking tired of it! I really don't want to flush again but I can't think of anything else. I did 90% strength since it showed N deficiency and another def. Used blu moon bioactive grow.
    Will it recover on its own this time? Could I do something crazy like start flower to make it use up the nitrogen and grow? Or is that some crazy Frankenstein shit?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. How bad is it? got any pics?

3. It's clawing but not dark. It's had purple stems throughout the grow ever since seedling. Clawing is sporadic. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Liquid food is like instant, so you can go from an underfed plant to a burnt plant in one feed. It's not like when you've been starving for a couple of days then feel good after a huge meal. (actually plant nutes aren't food at all, they're more like vitamins, and while many are universally good some can be fatally overdosed on, both in humans and plants)

Overall though, doesn't look that bad. A few of the tips are down but it's pretty much limited to the lower leaves. Looks like there's a load of water marks on them too, if you've splashed them with your nute mix I suppose it's possible you've basically foliar-fed those ones a heavy dose of nitrogen. But actually there aren't burnt tips all over the plant, it's not clawing everywhere, the leaves are a reasonable colour not dark no spots or yellowing, it's not going to be on the cover of a magazine but it's pretty normal looking.

A top tip is: avoid doing anything extreme or crazy unless it's absolutely essential. Don't get into a feed/flush cycle. If you have the early signs of overfeeding, switch to water next time, and after that start nutes at a low strength and build up over a few waterings, instead of flushing immediately then trying to re-stock it with a full strength feed in one go. If they have signs of underfeeding, don't hit it with an extra full -strength to boost it up just give it a modest increase.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Honestly that is so minimal don't be so hard on yourself. The good thing is you spotted it so you know to ease up on the nutes a tad. Overall looking good.

6. Yeah those tips don't look bad at all, a little too much n but your ok. Mine did that on my soil plant too and i just kept going, backed off the n a little bit and just got over 5 ounces from it and the smokes killer. You might want to spray less of whatever is leaving the white stuff all over those leaves though. I'm just guessing you have that layer of perlite in there for fungus gnats, it doesn't work. If that's the thing i'd try gnatrol if you keep having a problem.

7. Its gnat nix. Got it when I saw the first one and it's done an excellent job on its own. The spray is filtered spring water and VF11 since it was supposed to contain only trace amounts, I figured it was just hard water deposit spots. I'll just use plain water instead.