sick of chest tightness after smoking.

Discussion in 'General' started by StimulateMyMind, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Every fucking time I smoke, the left side of my chest feels like it's being squeezed. Weed used to help me so much with sleep, pain and such. Now every time I smoke my chest feels tight and heavy and when I try to sleep I have to clutch my chest to attempt to comfort it.

I've been smoking every day for 3 years. This chest shit started last november but I've still been smoking every since. I've cut waaay down on my smoking though. Yesterday was the first day I've smoked since a week and a half and the chest tightness still came back. Does this happen to anyone else? I've had a chest xray done before and they said everything was fine. I dunno wtf it is.

2. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Topoo-Herbal-aromatherapy-vaporizer-VP-100/dp/B0045TBL0U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316180302&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Topoo Herbal & aromatherapy vaporizer VP-100: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]
    I used to blaze blunts everyday for 2 and a half years, i know exactly how you feel. Even smoking an excess of joints can fuck with your lungs. I purchased one of those vaporizers about a month ago and the difference in my lung heath is unbelievable. No more stuffy mornings, nausea filled mornings,coughing up thick mucus mornings.

its the best $30 i ever spent. moving on to better brands soon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. what are you smoking out of? have you tried a vaporizer?

• Like Like x 1
  4. It even does it with vapes too.

5. Even one tiny hit off a joint/bowl/vape makes my chest tight. Cigarettes never did it, even though I don't smoke cigs anymore. But the smallest hit of weed will.

6. whew.... if i was in that position, i would start getting more into edibles. from what i hear the high is much better without those chest problems. i have the same thing because of cigs more than bud i think..

7. Ur story is exactly like mine all same symtoms and smoked for three yers and could take endless amounts now i get chest pain and cant take us much. It started one day aftrer i drank and mixxed benadryl. Im almost posotive its just from anxiety and it. Can sometimes take a long time to get over it. U just need to smoke very tiny Ammounts and slowly go up untill u can take mkre again i guess.

8. The tightness can be MANY things. It could be that you get high blood pressure from marijuana. You did say you feel the tightness on your left side, so it's possible the symptoms are related to your heart. Can also be your left lung? The point is, you're not going to solve anything by guessing. Go to the doctors and just get a full physical.

9. I just got a heart ultra sound 2 days ago. All came back fine. So did the blood work. I dunno wtf it is. It doesn't just do it when I smoke, it's constant. No doctor has found anything so fuck it. I'll just live with it forever I guess -.-

10. Switch to vaping or eating edibles
    [​IMG]

11. [​IMG]

I'm not usually one for herbal medicine, but this one works well and pretty much immediately. Great tasting too, good for using right after a session. :bongin:

12. dude, i'm 99.5% sure it's anxiety.

i sometimes have the same thing, it's anxiety plus the inherent mild trippiness of being blazed haha.

just ignore the sensation, distract yourself, eat food. and be high :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. ^ True that. Anxiety can give you all sorts of symptoms. Tightness in the chest is a very common one.

• Like Like x 1
  14. wow that's crazy that weed actually restrics your breathing! I have asthma and tobacco will make that shit hit me and my lungs will seize up. When i smoke weed it does the opposite and opens my lungs the fuck up to like 110%

15. It's you tripping balls, you need to relax. Get a massage, go for a walk on the beach, just chill bro. If it didn't show up in your heart, or your blood, it's in your brain.

• Like Like x 1
  16. broo i know this is old but im on the same boat!! went through so many test and found nothing and it still happens now when i blaze and the bruce lee power of squeezing/pinching feeling in the heart on left side of chest. i actually just blazed before comin here and i did have a small attack of the feeling but quickly grabbed a beer to calm me down lol

17. Sup guys, i know this is old. I just wanted to know if anyone has an idea of what could be causing this feeling?
    Ive been doing the same thing as the poster of this thread. Going to Cardiologists to doctor, back and forth all tests and shit they do, still cant figure it out. Now i do try and smoke small amounts but i still get the feeling and i try to forget it but the feeling is so dull and achy its hard to get off the mind. I tried drinking beers which do help calm me down but can still notice it. Jeez i miss blazing so much... :mad:

18. Anxiety/panic attacks will cause tightness in your chest. If your Doc says everything checks out with your heart, then you are more than likely experiencing anxiety symptoms.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dude are you heavy sometimes heavy folks smoke and eat and get gas built up this puts pressure on you chest, it has happened more than one person I know.. sometimes a carbonated drink helps good luck..

20. Yea everyone says anxiety/panic attacks if it is i fuckin hate it! Na im a skinny dude but i do drink alot sibce i cant smoke i dri.k about half bottle of vodka a day and some beers alsb. But cuttin back now. Hmm i might buy another bottle today since its friday even though doc said to cut back.. haha