Sick maybe root rot

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by 2008blazinja, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Hi I have someone seeding me picture for advice on his plants. He’s growing in a 3’x3’ tent two 600 watt mars led lights 20 gallon tote air fan cooled air stones in tote pump with ten gallons in the tote pumping to bottom of pots with mister had water temp problem and was why he pumped cool air into the Rez. So that might of been when he root rot start. They really aren’t looking the best. He started noticing that his gg4 has one branch stopped growing and all the hairs are or but the rest of the plant is white pistoling and really not that bad looking so if someone could help me give him some suggestions that would be great [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] IMG_9704.jpg [​IMG]cheers [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. You have lost this one I maybe.
    You must always something like Great White to prevent this. High res temps and low air not being pumped will cause it. Debris falling into the buckets or res too.

You can drain and wash out the lines, buckets, res, pumps etc... with bleach. Then flush that out.
    Oh you have to remove the plants or they will die.
    Remove all loose and rotten roots, most of the root ball it seems.
    Soak the root balls in H2o2 until all the bubbling stops. Rinse out the root balls, still removing the roots that are bad. If you give em' a small pull the rotten ones will break off, that's good, that's what we want.
    Now with fresh water PH adjusted and say PPM's of around 250 to 300 at most, let em' set. Monitor the roots, if it gets worse, you may repeat the cleaning process.
    Get Hydroguard or Great White, GW is what I use and have never gotten the rot since.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Oh wow, that is some very advanced root rot. I agree with @HardDrive that this plant is borderline and you'll be lucky if you manage to save her. This should've been taking care of a long time ago. When it comes to root rot, it could mean a number of deficiencies and sometimes hard to pinpoint. Keep those reservoir temps under 70 degrees F.
    By the way, your LED lights look too close to the top of the plants as well. All that intense heat and light could also be contributing to the heat in the reservoir and the stress on the plants. Raise the lights at least a foot if you can. Good luck.

4. You know after reading Cannabliss's post there, I wonder if light is penetrating the pink or red tub you are using as a reservoir. Any light leaks to the roots WILL CAUSE algae and then root rot.
    PH swings should have alerted you to this problem at least a week ago.

5. There is definitely a Potassium deficiency in play aswell...

6. I forwarded off your suggestion and thank you for the help and suggestions it’s his very first burn he’s doing on his own so it’s his learning experience for him and there is always another seed to try again cheers

7. I forwarded off your suggestion and thank you for the help and suggestions it’s his very first burn he’s doing on his own so it’s his learning experience for him and there is always another seed to try again cheers

8. I will let him know about that thanks

9. Hey give us a update on what you have tried and did it work for you.
    Try and save her, nothing else, you will learn a lot about the rot, prevention and cure

10. Well he’s raised and flushed moved his light up 3 “. Has his Rez temp down to 19c and in Canada they don’t sell the hydro guard here and it’s 100 or so Canadian last time I was looking to buy and have it shipped so he went to are local hydro store grow kings. And talk to them and they gave him stuff in a litre jug that has copper sulfate in and that works to stop root rot. Says it’s working and only needs to put half the ph down in he did before he added this stuff. Here is a pic of the bottle Hope this helps. Someone else one day and will keep u updated as I get them. Cheers [​IMG]

11. What about Great White? That is what I use and love it, my roots stay white as snow.
    Just about any kind of mycorrhizae can be used. Just google search the myco stuff and find it somewhere in CA.
    The more different kinds of bacteria it has in it the better.

12. Oh snap I forgot about that one and will do a little researching into that and thank you brother

13. Her is a couple updates he sent of pic of the roots he says they are looking better but they still look pretty bad to me[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. He’s on week 8 and they look a lot better then they did[​IMG]