Sick babys (pics)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by HondaFMXrida3, May 18, 2010.

1. Hey guys, was wondering if anyone could help me out with this. using FFOF, 5 gallon pots (yes i know they are close but if you wanna buy me a new pot and soil then please do =] ) my ph has been low but got it up last week to 6-7. They are about 9-10 weeks old.

Im thinking possibly calcium on the ones with the spots.. not sure about the lighter green leaf on my other plant. Would love some input from you guys! thanks in advanced

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/Fmxrida3/?action=view&current=4-1.jpg

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/Fmxrida3/?action=view&current=3.jpg

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/Fmxrida3/?action=view&current=2.jpg

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/Fmxrida3/?action=view&current=1.jpg

2. the pH imbalance is causing lock out and build up of food. (the dehydratiog look, and twisting of leaves is a give away)flush with 1/2-1/4 strength food and pH at 6.5-6.8 about 2 gal of water for every 1 gal of medium

3. Looks like Boron to me in the first pic you posted *What was you're ph? you mentioned it was low. Boron can be an issue when the ph gets/stays below 5.5 and above 6.8 in soil. Which leads to other issues.

IMO, you need to flush with plain, ph'd water - NO nutes. If they're in lockout, the nutes aren't gonna do any good atm because they're not taking them in. They need time to bounce back from the stress that they're under now. So, I'd get the ph straight, and keep your eyes on the new growth.

Have you been giving them nutes?

You also need to move them into their own pots as soon as possible (yes I saw your comment about buying pots / soil) ;)

check out this link, if you haven't already seen it - good pics and info ;)
    The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles! - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

Good luck, let us know how it goes :smoke:
    Doin'

4. Thanks for the reply guys, i tested my water and its at 4.. but i have been adding organic lime stuff that i put on top of the soil that raises it. Ive seen people saying they go to pet stores and buy the stuff they use to raise the ph in fish tank water, is the pet store the best place to get it?? Would Wallymart, Home Depot or Lowes have them? i would go to the hydro store thats about 30 mins away but they charge an arm an a leg for everything :mad:

5. 4 :eek: ouch! Definitely way too low :(
    is that the ph of the water, before you water? or the ph of runoff?

definitely need to get that up asap! :eek: 6.5-6.8 is a good range for soil ;)

Sorry, can't help ya there, I don't know anything about the ph kits / stuff that they have at pet stores, home depot, or Walmart. I get my ph up / down from the hydro store - so I'd say go to the hydro store ;)

Hopefully someone that's familiar with the other stuff will chime in.

Good luck! :smoke:
    Doin'

6. hah i made that face too. But its the of the water not the run off. Ill check it out dude, thanks!

7. flushing a stressed plant with pure water will only cause further stress, if u flush with 1/4 strength nutrient solution there will be a little bit of food available and when u build it back up the plant will not starve. doing a flush like this will not add to all the build up in the soil, it will flush everything out (if done properly) but still leave a little bit of food keeping the plant from further stress, also add B vitamins, that will ease its stress.
    after a day or two build the feeding back up with food solution and a balanced pH
    what is ur tds/ppm in the water?
    using distilled, RO or low ppm water (below 50ppm), u want to add a little bit of cal-mag to the water (approx 1/8-1/4tsp per gal, depending on tds of water before hand), bringing it up around 50-100 ppm this will create an equilibrium, and then add the food, then pH adjust it, this ill help stabilize ur nutrients.

the first pic could pass as a boron Deficiency, but those are rare, especially if ur using potting soil, in an indoor garden.

8. #8 doinYoda, May 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2010
    Hey OP, just a friendly word of advice that will come in handy. When taking advice from people, check out their grow. Don't pay any attention to their post count, or their rep. Look for their journal and make sure that they have plants and know what they're talking about. If you'd like to check the information that I've given you, please do check out Freedom4ever, Sergio, August West, Unoit, Myles117, LBH, mmmmick, Veeners5, Jbyrd, CutterBob, etc...they've been around quite a while and know their stuff. Please feel free to check out my grows as well (links to both my journals are in my sig). :smoke:

giving a plant that has ph lock out, more nutes is only going to add to the problem. you don't add nutes to build up in the soil without doing further damage when the ph is off.

PH lockout = deficiencies / toxicity of vital nutes. The plant will not starve if it's flushed with plain ph'd water. Lots of growers on this site alternate plain ph'd water and feedings. If they see an issue starting with a plant, they'll flush with plain, ph'd water to get back on track.

why would you give a soil plant that's just been flushed and still wet, more water and nutes in a day or two?
    It's going to take longer then that for the soil to dry enough for another water/feeding, and it takes more then a day or two for the plant to recoup from ph lockout.

OP, I stand by all the information that I've given you, and I'm not going to go back and forth here. If you have any questions, please feel free to pm me, and definitely check out the grows that I've told you about. Top notch grows, by top notch growers that I've listed, with tons of great info.

Good luck :smoke:
    Doin'

9. So i got some Organic Traditions Garden Lime today. Hope this stuff does the trick! Im guessing i just put it on top and water it, not mix it in a little bit or anything.

10. good luck honda... and if anyone want to see a healthy garden to show u that i know what im doing, u can check out the link to my garden

11. dude i didnt doubt you on your skills... this thread is to help other people, not brag about you plants...

12. #12 janemba, May 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2010
    wasnt talking about u honda... doing yoda said u should listen to people that know what there talking about and can back it up with pix , or something like that
    so i posted my garden