Siberian Tiger vs. Polar Bear

Discussion in 'General' started by PublicEnemy20, Dec 29, 2012.

1. :rolleyes:

2. Nor is a cat an armadillo

3. they've been clocked up to 50

4. So full speed matters at all in a fight?

5. nope, but if people are gonna argue, i'll just take the 2 seconds for a google search and answer it to end the arguing.

6. #86 ThEbLuEMaGoO, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
    Maybe on it's best day, it could max out 50, if you have sources to back it up.

But even still, not every human can run as fast as Usain Bolt.

Was it a wild tiger? Or was it raised under ideal conditions with a regular source of premium food, expert training and exercise?

There is alot riding on details here, not that top sprinting speed even matters in a fight.

7. It's hard to say because if the polar bear gets one good swipe, the tiger is done for.

8. 35 is the average. I'm just saying they've been clocked up to 50. I don't know if they're more distance or sprint runners, but I was just looking up the top speeds

9. Feline-Feline
    Ape-Ape

See the difference in mine;)

10. the ave is 35, but they have been reported to sprint 50mph in the snow..and the tigers seem to be sprint runners...fast reflects.

11. #91 PublicEnemy20, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2012
    Look at my previous posts before you comment you imbecile. i said the cheetah, because someone said they thought the cheetah can only run 60 mph. And I mentioned that siberian tigers can get up to 50 mph, which is true, go look it up, and the highest speed ever recorded was clocked in at nearly 60, so my mistake was I made it seem like siberian tigers really do make it to 60 on an everyday basis, which probably doesn't happen.

The reason I threw in the speeds was because someone thought that the bear and the siberian tiger run at nearly the same speed. Not even close.

Name-Calling is not allowed here. - KSR

12. #92 KushMastaFlex, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
    Polar Bear would rape the tiger. It's a POLAR BEAR, the largest bear (alongside the omnivorous Alaskan brown bear the 'Kodiak bear'') and the largest land predator on earth. It can weight up to 1500 pounds, it has a bone crushing bite force (42 teeth closing down with a force over 440 psi), and takes down walruses. It's thick blubber(4 inches of it) would protect it from most major damage, and the fact that it's paws are gigantic (can rip off a head of an adult human with a single blow), means it could destroy the tiger within minutes maybe. Yes, some Siberian tigers have been known to kill grizzly bears, but a polar bear is just colossal (stands fully at upright an adult males can stands 10 feet in their hinder legs). They live in the Arctic, another factor that gives the bear the advantage - the Arctics a snowy wasteland.

Copied from Wiki Answers lol.

13. How about a silverback gorilla vs Siberian tiger vs polar bear in a three waygasm

14. Lol bear would still win.

You mad?

15. Polar Bear is at least twice as big as the other two. It would just swat the shit out of them and win, and if it got a chance to bite, it would be game over.

Anyone arguing for the tiger in this thread is a straight-up idiot.

16. For real with the tiger.

But idk man, a silverback gorilla is a wreckingball...with a reasoning brain.

That definatly depends on terrain.

17. Well, it might be a wreckingball but it's like half the size and weight of a polar bear. Plus polar bears have 4 inches of flab, which protects them against most damage. I personally don't think a gorilla would even stand a chance.

18. Polar bear can swim 50 miles at a time, also anything a polar bear sees is food to be killed and eaten, don't think that's the case with gorilla or tiger...

19. True but in a wooded area the gorrilla would be able to climb trees, combined with "intelligence" no matter how crude it might be.

I just saw something on animal planet a few days ago that showed them using sticks as legitimate club like weapons...

20. I don't have any debate left in me, I'm out for the night.