Siberian Tiger vs. Polar Bear

Discussion in 'General' started by PublicEnemy20, Dec 29, 2012.

1. If these two had a duel for their lives, who would emerge victorious?

2. tiger. its a fuckin tiger, dude.

polar bear will get its shit rocked when teeth and claws the size of my fingers get ahold of it

according to wiki
    unless a polar bear is that much more beast than these other bears that constitute about 1 in 12 of the tigers meals, tiger's gonna win.

3. Idk man. A grizzly bear is bigger than a black or brown bear and a polar bear is even bigger than a grizzly bear. Black bears are pussies though. A human can scare a black bear.

4. Well considering that black bears weigh up to 350 pounds, that's pretty weak, since the polar bear can weigh up to 1,600 pounds. Grizzlies however, can weigh up to 800 pounds. Still doesn't compare to the polar bear. At SD Zoo, I remember them saying the polar bear can rip its prey in half with just one swipe of its paw. Idk about you, but that sounds pretty beast to me.

A Siberian tiger though, that's a different case. They're quick, strong, and agile. Not to mention the most powerful cat in the world.

5. Fucking polar bear dude, that's like asking if a kitten could incapacitate a bulldozer.

6. [quote name='"PublicEnemy20"']

Well considering that black bears weigh up to 350 pounds, that's pretty weak, since the polar bear can weigh up to 1,600 pounds. Grizzlies however, can weigh up to 800 pounds. Still doesn't compare to the polar bear. At SD Zoo, I remember them saying the polar bear can rip its prey in half with just one swipe of its paw. Idk about you, but that sounds pretty beast to me.

A Siberian tiger though, that's a different case. They're quick, strong, and agile. Not to mention the most powerful cat in the world.[/quote]

true.. polar bears are big dudes. but I mean a tiger has so much force in a leap/tackle that the polar bear doesn't have. polar bears swing hard but they're haymakers not quick. tiger I think would be agile enough to get behind em and snap its neck, or quick and strong enough to get into the bears belly.
    I think it's not so much about who's bigger or swings harder (but slower)

it's ninja vs samurai

7. You have to factor in the natural body armor of a polar bear though, at LEAST 4 inches of fat protecting vital organs from cold and other bears.

A tiger would have a tough time getting a good death hold with a single strike. And once its in range that bear has full advantage.

8. I'm gunna have to say polar bear. It's the largest land carnivore on earth IIRC. I mean That's like saying that I could beat the shit out of a linebacker just because I'm faster. Obviously there is a point where size trumps all.

9. In what kind of environment is the fight taking place? If there was any kind of cover or camouflage I think the tiger would have a huge advantage, because it could move stealthily and sneak attack the bear, while the large white bear would be a conspicuous target that couldn't sneak or hide.

If it was in a UFC octagon it would be the polar bear. The sheer size difference makes it impossible for the tiger to win. Polar bears are twice the size of Siberian tigers, and no amount of speed or agility can make up for that. The tiger's claws and teeth wouldn't be able to pierce the bear's thick blubber; meanwhile, the bear could probably kill the tiger just by laying on it and crushing it.

10. I think the tiger if it was on land . It would bite its neck . The tigers mouth and teeth are yyy bigger than the bears

11. no, he has a ranged claw attack. the bear is obv a beast,, haha kidding. if the tiger got ahold of him by surprise it's the tigers game. but if it's 1 on 1 the bear will win, kitty cats never fight fair, that's why their so dangerous.

12. dude that's a tiny bear we are talking a polar bear which weighs atleast 200+ pounds more.

idk i guess it's just me but i don't see a tiger winning. Have you ever seen a skinned out bear? it looks like fucking body building person.

13. The Crunge obviously.

14. #15 TheAtmansPath, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012
    I figure the tiger has way better hunting and fighting skills. polar bears scavenge or eat things without legs, Siberian tigers chase down giant deer through feet of snow and slaughter it. now the polar bear may do some fighting but I've seen a couple polar bear fights on tv and they're all brute and slow. a tiger is much more trained in violent combat and has evolved skills specifically to kill large prey in a fight
    the blubber as protection is a good point, but rather than the initial linebacker metaphor someone used, I'd say it's running back vs linebacker. and that can always go either way.

the tiger could likely escape a pb hold just seeing what normal cats are capable of in terms of squeezing through stuff lol. idk

15. I didn't know polar bears were bigger than a grizzly. Holy shit.

Well that seals It.

Look at Hyenas and lions. Yes a group of smaller hyenas can take on adult lion. But one on one, the hyena is a ham sandwich.

16. 100% a polar bear. There's absolutely no debate. In olden days they would actually put a lot of animals against grizzly bears and literally no other land predator was able to kill it. Even a Siberian tiger.

Since it can't beat a grizzly, what are the chances you think it'll beat a polar bear?

17. Neither, I kill them both.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using GC Forum

18. The bear will win for a few reasons. They are bigger, stronger, tougher. A polar bear can stand and fight and it weighs atleast 200-600 pounds more than the biggest tiger. The bear has thick fur and fat to survive the cold and that thick fur and fat will keep most of the tigers attacks minimal at best. If the bear bites the tigers neck/back it will kill it and if it starts swinging like a boxer it has claws too ya know. The amount of force behind a polar bear swing at you full power is insane. They also can run 35 mph or so.

19. seriously, polar bear wins all the way. a tiger has nothing on a polar bear.