Siberian Tiger vs. Polar Bear

Discussion in 'General' started by PublicEnemy20, Dec 29, 2012.

1. polar bear, who do you think would win a sliver back gorilla or a Lion??

2. ^ I think the ultimate fight would be a Grizzly vs a giant Gorilla.

3. That one would be more interesting but I still think the grizzly would win.

4. That would be a close one. I think the lion would win; they're about equal in terms of size and strength, but the lion has claws and more experience killing large animals.

How about liger versus grizzly?

5. Polar bears eat mainly some kind of seal in the Arctic. Polar bears literally have to punch holes through 2 ft thick ice. They have the best traction in the world. (running on ICE) the thickest hide of any land carnivore, 8 layers of meat protecting it from cold and possible damage. They can also feel vibrations through ice with their feet. These things are the best killers on ice.

Now if this battle took place on snow, (no ice underneath) this might be a whole new battle. If on ice however. Tiger ain't got shit on Polar Bears.

6. Polar bear no question.

Grizzly bear vs Siberian is much more fair but Polar bear would whip dat cat ass.

7. ^ Nah man largest kodiak was 2500 lbs they are bigger than a polar bear almost 2x and can be 10ft tall. Atleast i think kodiaks count as grizzly

8. Subbed for discussion.. I think polar bear.. so much more size and strength..

9. How about one juggernaut with an m9 pistol, a combat knife, and a few flash grenades, (from call of duty)

Who winnin?

As in its a 3 way with siberian tiger, juggernaut, and polar bear?

The pistol is fully loaded too

10. Recently (like 2 years ago) a Grizzly bear was found in Alaska by a park ranger that stood 14 ft tall on its hind legs. Thing was tall enough to see into a 2nd story window and over a 1 story house. Ranger took that shit down with a 50 cal. Woooo. Shoulda seen the paw on that thing. Was like 2 times the size of the dudes head.

11. i think gorillia would win
    gorillia is smarter plus they have like 600lbs of crushing power with their fists so one punch and that grizzly is KO'd

but gorillia vs a lion, i think the lion would win huge teeth, razor sharp claws, fast as hell, smart, and takes down larger animals than its self, but if the gorillia got that one punch in it might be different

12. Tiger

my question was great white shark vs. Bengal tiger

try answering that one!

13. I hope you do know that in Siberia, the brown bear's most feared enemy is the siberian tiger. Siberian tigers are known for killing adult female brown bears with ease, and when faced against adult male 1 on 1 encounters, 7/10 times the tiger is the victor. Just imagine its size combined with its speed, the momentum of a dash and pounce would be enough to knock the bear backwards before a blow to the neck kills it.

Now with a polar bear, it's not "100% polar bear" as you say. Remember, both animals live in relatively similar climates, but the polar bear isn't used to hunting the way a tiger does. Not to mention that a tiger hunts alone, and has no limit to the size of its prey. Polar bears aren't as experienced as Amur tigers, nor as fast or agile. Yeah the polar bear has a thick patch of protection from its fat, but one good bite to its neck or spinal column, and the polar bear is down. But that's if the tiger can get through to the polar bear without having its head smashed. Which, in most cases, the polar bear would have to wait for the tiger to attack, since the bear isn't fast enough to attack the tiger.

In my humble opinion, we'll never get to see this fight. If it does happen, it won't last 10 seconds, since the siberian tiger wouldn't risk getting hurt and then being damaged for the hunting season. However, if a polar bear happens to be prancing along under a tree that a siberian tiger was waiting for it in, the polar bear would be shit out of luck.

14. you have it ass-backwards. One swipe from a grizzly would split that fucking gorilla in half, regardless of its crushing power. But, if you want to take that 600 lbs of crushing power and stomp on the lion, who is a fifth of the size of a grizzly, then the lion should lose.

15. If you put both of them in a neutral enviroment i'm sure the bear would win. If it was a heads up fight in a closed space the tiger can't hide in the bushes or climb trees or get a running start really and even running a bear can hit 35 mph which is just as fast as a tiger. He's bigger, stronger, and can take ALOT of damage.

It's kind like watching a ufc fight where it's a technically good fighter vs a big and resilient striker. The technically sound guy will look good and probably deliver alot of hits but the thing is the other guy takes all that damage and keep coming. All it takes is that big guy to land one good strike and the smaller guy goes down. It's hard enough killing a elk with a large rifle i can only imagine how much fight a bear has in it.

16. "really and even running a bear can hit 35 mph which is just as fast as a tiger."

Sorry bud. A polar bear's top speed is 18-19 mph. A siberian tiger can easily hit 50 mph, and hit a top speed of 60 mph before it gets tired. So no, it is not "just as fast as a tiger."

17. lions>tigers>bears

18. He said grizzly bears not brown bears

19. Fuckin tiger Would that bears ass.
    Just too.fast, speed wins alot of fights. But i.still think the tiger has enough power to go.toe to toe with the bear. Bear is just too slow.