Shud i confess?

Discussion in 'General' started by GreenNeon, Feb 28, 2011.

1. alright so here's the situation, my mom's not stupid, she grew up in the 70's and lived in a sorority, so im pretty damned sure she knows the difference between a pothead and anybody else, and i'm pretty damned sure by now, she's figured out tht im a stoner, but i dont think she wants to admit it to herself, at least not until she catches me like red handed, mid hit or something, hell just the other day she asked if me nd my friends smoke pot on fridays (i go out with friends every friday), and i did a pretty convincing job of acting annoyed tht she wud even consider such a thing, today she came in my room nd apologized for considering tht, but im pretty sure she's just using tht as an excuse to convince herself tht im not a stoner, anyway, i've been considering confessing to her tht i smoke weed, and showing her tht documentary The Union: The Business Behind Getting High, althought im like 75% sure tht it'll convince her tht pot is not something to be scared of, i'm sure the whole illegal part of it will still turn this decision into a bad decision, also the whole part bout lung damage (there's no denying, weed fucks up ur lungs at least a little) will still be a negative to this decision...but then again i cud show her what a vaporizer is, and maybe make a deal like "i wont smoke weed ever again, i'll just vape it" but then again there's still the whole illegal aspect of it...i guess what im tryin to ask is give me ur input on the situation.

2. Tell her you HAVE smoked before, not that you CURRENTLY do.

Gauge her reaction... if all goes well.. tell her the full story and things
    will run smoother around the house, when everything is out in the open
    it just makes everything easier.

3. This is a good idea, but its lying. Lying is wrong.

4. There is nothing wrong with a "white lie" ;)

5. It's not a white lie, it's a flat out lie.

6. this is true, i mean that is pretty much the same way i confessed to my half sister about smoking (long story short a pack of cigarettes is found in my jacket, i make a quick stupid lie, half sister hears about it, asks me, i say "yeh, but not often" nd she tells me tht she would like to smoke a cigarette and maybe drink with me sometime...which we have and it was pretty great) of course i dont smoke cigarettes anymore and i hardly ever drink anymore but still...same idea, maybe if i got a little bit more reassurance from her tht this wont end up being a bad idea i'll try this like maybe i'll observe her reaction a little bit more to movies tht involve drug use

7. Not neccissarly (Sp?) if the OP isnt a regular toker.

A flat out lie would be denying any association with the drug etc.
    But if he says yeh i hang around people who smoke etc blah blah blah
    things might go a little better for him. Who knows.

8. A flat out lie would be telling his mom he doesn't smoke when he does.

Lying is lying, regardless of color.

Honestly, just keep your mouth shut or tell her everything, OP.

9. i've already fessed up to my parents that ive tried weed and smoke it and they told me to just be careful cause some weed is laced .. i was like okay thanks for tip :)

10. PHP:

There's no point of telling them man. But if you do you better make sure you are convincing that weeds not a bad thing. Otherwise you'll be out of luck

11. I'm going to say yes. It will be better overall if you are honest. Now it may be rough at first..but over the long haul... it will be better.

Case in point : Me & the hubby.

My parents don't know although I'm sure they suspicion it. Now I'm 36 and haven't given a flip for quite a while. But my parents are hard core against ANY drugs. They have fully drank the gov't Kool - Aid. :( I can't convince them that weed is OK. They're "set in stone" type of people. So I just chose to keep my mouth shut.

My husband has been open about it with his parents. Now his mom doesn't like it, but doesn't bust his balls about it. If she calls and she's rambling along and it's nothing important...the hubby can just say.. Yeah, mom, I'm gonna have to call you back...I'm not in the state of mind to listen well right now. She doesn't get pissy and just understands.

His dad grows in AK. so..yeah...dad's cool with it.

Point being ~ If you mom has smoked in the past ~ You've already got half the battle beat. She'll understand and I'm guessing she'll have more concerns about it being illegal than the actual herb.

As suggested earlier...I'd begin with ...I "have" smoked before...past tense is better to start out with. Test the waters there and maybe bring it up to her that you were given the opportunity to smoke again...blah blah blah... Take it easy and see what happens.

Lying isn't the answer. Good Luck.

12. yeh there is, if all goes well, nd if mum is alright with me smoking weed, at least in the privacy of the house, well then i won't hafta make up lies every weekend of where all my money went, i wont hafta explain what smells like pinecones in the basement, i won't hafta constantly be sketched out about my cloths smelling or my eyes being red, althought one thing i am scared of is tht my mum is guna flip, she's guna tell my grandma, and suddenly i have an intervention for a harmless plant going on in my room