Shrooms vs Acid

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by redsoxted9, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Hey blades. Gonna try both. So two things:
    1. Anyone care to describe how the two are different?
    2. Which one do you recommend first?

2. I would say do shrooms first so you get the feel of trippin, but nothing is like acid. I did shrooms before I did acid mostly because I had no idea what lsd even was at that age. They're very different, at least imo from my experiences.

With shrooms I didnt see anything that wasn't there, colors and shapes just got distorted. And I can't stop smokin cigarettes on shrooms but I dont even think of them when I'm on acid, anyone else have this?

3. i tried shrooms last year on 4/20

then acid a few months back

i think they were pretty similar, to be honest

there are differences though

kinda hard to explain? i dunno let someone else

definitely try both of them though

i'd say shrooms first i guess?

4. Definitely try mushrooms first, to see if you like trippin or not, take like 1.5- 2.5 grams for your first time. If you dont like them, your only high for like 6 hours, whereas if you don't end up liking acid, your gonna be stuck trippin for half a day. Acid visuals sort of resemble mush's visuals, less overwhelming for sure. On acid i find i dont have that cloudy mind space i get on mush, and on acid i generally feel like a million bucks. On mush i usually get some pretty bad body loads. This is just my experience though, some people absolutely LOVE mush, ive done it over 40 times and its still not something i would normally want to do on the weekend.

Mushrooms first.

5. Exactly what I was trying to think of but couldnt. It's extremely hard to explain trippin out to someone who hasn't tripped. People ask me all the time and I'm like "I dunno just do it":D
    haha

6. ya, I agree with the whole "shrooms first cause its shorter" argument. I have a friend that disagrees though, he says that shrooms are more intense so he wants me to do acid first...leaning toward shrooms though

7. I guess that depends on how much you take. I still say shrooms first but if you feel up to it then jump right in my man:D

8. I want to! but my friend has the connects for it so i gotta wait till college gets out for summer...gah! lol. About the intensity thing, he took an eighth on his first and only time on shrooms so maybe it was too much, thus the idea that they are more intense

9. everyone says mushrooms 1st but I think it should be the other way around. Mushrooms are super intense and you less control over the trip. Shrooms are a very powerful and profound substance. Acid is also amazing, but is a lot more fun imo. Like it can be a lot more lucid and easy to control, but still visual and enlightening at the same time. Acid is more controllable and way more fun, I love Lucy <3

10. For your first time don't go over 3gs unless you wanna trip major cahones. take an eighth your 2nd or 3rd time:D

11. 5g's 1st time FTW!!

meh,
    I prefer shrooms because on Acid I get stuck in loops
    (ex. what time is it? 5 seconds later.. what time is it?):confused:

12. my friend told me about that. i would hate that because i get so impatient lol

13. acid first for sure, MUCH more chillax and easier to control yourself

shrooms are much more intense overall and mentally challenging then acid

which do i prefer? i just cant decide, both are bomb, personally shrooms get me more visually fucked, and shrooms got the BESSSST body high, but acid mentally is where its at

14. Honestly I would stick with mushrooms, although acid is pretty good, too. There is a book by Terrence McKenna called Food of the Gods which explains why mushrooms are awesome. Your body has an endogenous phsycedelic called dimethyltryptamine, or DMT. Psilocin is a lot closer to DMT than acid is to DMT.

Again, not that acid is bad. It is still a tryptamine and still fucking rocks. I know that most people feel more clouded on a shroom trip than an acid trip, but I actually feel completely opposite. I also smoke like the dickens on both boomers and Lucy, so it doesn't really matter.

15. acid is still fun,
    but shrooms just feel.. idk.
    cleaner?

it's really hard to describe psychadelics unless you've experienced them.

16. well, gonna try both so i guess it doesnt matter too much, thanks guys

17. Most people don't have "fun" on their first shroom trip.

Almost everyone does have fun on any acid trip.

You could be the complete opposite. But I've done enough...uh...research....in the general population to know that for the vast majority of people it happens this way.

The question to ask yourself is why are you planning on tripping? Do you want to learn more about yourself and introspective things (shrooms) or do you want to be able to interact with the world around you in a profoundly different way (acid)?