Shrooms Vs. Acid

Discussion in 'General' started by bigheadche, Feb 13, 2008.

1. All my life I have been smoking weed. I am an avid user of marijuana and love this site for its people and creative ideas. I have experimented with nearly every mind altering substance i could get, and now i would like to finally explore the 2 drugs i have never touched for fear of a bad trip, but now fuck it, I wanna trip. If anyone on GC could explain the diffrences between shrooms and acid, as well as give advice for the trips themselves , I would be most grateful.

Thanks for listening. Peace:smoking:

2. If your going to take acid, it really helps if you are in a familiar place/enviroment and have a friend around. My first trip was during the summer, mostly in my driveway, my friends and I were disassembling/cleaning/fixing (trying to fix) his old moped. The whole trip lasted about 8 hours. There are a few things you shouldn't do when your on acid, though. Don't drive, its just too easy to get tranced and distracted by something. Thats pretty much all the info I can give on acid. I tried shrooms once, but they had absolutley no effect on me :(

3. here is the thing:

im not a bonified scientist or anything and i dont have a degree in statistics but i can say that you have about a 1 to 50,000 chance of having a bad trip with acid.

mostly it happens to time users, but only cuz they think they are gonna have a bad trip. i have sat for numerous people for their first times and they all have been cool.

only thing you need to remember is to have a good time. dont go out to a party were you may not know some people and you may clash with others who dont approve of your using, that just leads to confrontation and you may not be able to handle yourself in a manner that is becomming of your normal self.

basically just take one hit, wait a half hour to an hour and just let it ride. all you have to tell yourself if you are having a bad trip is that its not real and that you will come out of it eventually.

shrooms are the same way, you will feel more like you are really drunk and stoned at the same time and you will be a little more disoriented but the visuals are way better, like seeing trails and all that fun fuzzy shit.

with acid, you will just feel a little stoned-ish, but you will feel really good like you were rolling on E, but you wont have that super hyper feeling, and the visuals are far superior. you will start to delve into your own mind and when you are having a really good conversation you will find yourself getting super deep into things and just having a good time socializing with people you enjoy being with.

after your first time, i would recommend doing it again after a month, then again a month after that but do more. as long as youthink you can handle it. it just gets better and better as you add to it.

hope you have some good trips

4. yeah like he said, DONT DRIVE!!

like they say, dont operate heavy machinery while on this medication. its just way too hard to concentrate on something when you are try to concentrate on it.

like telling someone not to think of a pengiun balancing a hippo on its head. just wont work.

but do listen to some good music. actually, do yourself a favor and download the files in my sig, i made the music thinking of a good acid trip. and the hover boots, thats the acid, you buy that yourself.

though it would be nice to include a sheet of acid in every album cover i sell.

5. Yo thanks, i didn't know the trip would be like that, kinda turns me more on to acid tho, cuz is sounds much chiller. Im prob get a tab tmarro..pce

6. u should do shrooms first so that u can have an idea what a trip is and than do acid

while on acid/shrooms u will be laughing at everything and anything and sometimes for no reason

another affect u can get is confusion i remember my first time on shrooms i was trying to get to this park i always go to and i didnt no how 2 get there while shrooming
    u just dont recognize anything any more

it got ugly
    o and its a bad idea to trip and drive

u will also see things moving around n shit

and U MUST SMOKE BUD WHILE TRIPPING cuz it will intensify your trip a lot
    weed goes on acid/shrooms like white on rice

well thats all can think of now
    im kinda stoned rite now

7. 90% of people who are serious with psychedelics will prefer LSD over shrooms.

8. All the advice I've heard from experienced drug users mainly my friends has been to do mushrooms first no matter what, and to do it in a comfortable environment with people you know. I haven't done either and have been seriously considering doing both mushrooms and acid I will probably do them both sometime next week (reading week). Doing shrooms first will just help you to prepare better for the acid trip and know what to expect. That's what I reccomend along with the other advice people have given. Good luck man and I hope you have a sweet trip. and many more to come.

9. You should definitely do acid first, mushrooms are much more unpredictable and they are more emotional than acid. You're going to have more fun on acid..

10. I'm not going to do acid for awhile but if I come across some shrooms I will surely eat them.

11. i prefer shrooms as they are more natural and unless your getting it from a known good source id rather not take something that could have nasty chemicals in it that i dont need in my body

12. hm, people seem to be so back and forth on what to do first. I've been wondering this myself, while i suppose i sound like a pussy saying this, id much prefer my first trip to be from the least intense of the two. also, which one is more prone to giving you a stomach ache? i get bad stomach aches anyways, and don't want to be sick the whole time.

13. shrooms have a pretty heavy body load, you're most likely going to get a stomach ache from shrooms if you take them on an empty stomach like you're supposed to. Acid is a much "cleaner" trip..

14. shrooms- Made my legs feel like jello, very giggly at everything, very relaxing, nice visuals at right doses, feeling of comfort

acid-Total euphoria, crazy visuals, harder on the mind IMO, last about double the time

15. There both pretty intense, but I've been told by people who have done tons of shrooms, smoked weed, done exctasy and other drugs that acid is the hardest trip, it's like your entering a whole new realm of your mind and the world. Shrooms are the less intense trip in terms of psychodelics, also apparently you have more control of the direction of your trip with shrooms. It is my opinion you should do shrooms first no matter what, but whatever you decide for the first time having a planned trip where you wont have people from outside coming in and messing with your trip, in a familiar place with good people to trip with is your best bet.

16. Thanks guys. Based upon what i read i think i am going to take acid tmarrow. If i remember ill log in and tell u guys how it went..

peace