Shrooms. Questions? Comments? [Pics]

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by DiAmOnD RaStA, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Its the first time we have actually tried this, but our buddy has been doing it for a while and is slowly showing us the way lol.

Yeah we use a lot of tubs man lol.

Why is it a bummer? Im still the one who took the pics lmao.

2. Ok so those last pictures where takin 2 days ago. check this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Decent flush you have there, enjoy those my friend, good work.

4. Thanks! still got a couple days before the harvest but looking forward to it :)

5. Looking fantastic, what did you use for casing?

6. I was wondering the same thing.

7. 100% peat moss. I dont know why this was done because from my research this shouldnt have been done, but we are learning at we go! and... it worked so cant complain. lol

What should we have used???

Check these pictures! Unharvested pics were taken about 5-6 hours before we harvested...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--------------
    Flush #1
    ---------------
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--------------
    Whats left
    --------------
    [​IMG]

questions/comments always welcome.

8. I'm a Jealous janis

9. I got one starting in a couple days, hope it'll look good like yours. What did it weight

10. Looks great. Post a pic of your drying Apparatus:D

11. we only weighed that one in my hand... it was 9.3g... waiting to weigh the rest.

OH YEAH!!! there is NO dehumidifier like I thought, they will be left on top of the tote right there for 2 days until. How bad is that? things happened and not always able to spend money for shit

12. wait so whats in the cups in the first pics you took is that the shrooms starting out or what.

13. how long has it been since you took on the grow?

14. coco coir and vermiculite is a good casing mixture, in fact most use this combination

15. i wonder when you harvest if you cut off the mushrooms rather than ripping them out with the root, some spores should be in the ground? therefore there might be a second harvest?

i know people who go mushroom picking (regular mushrooms lol) cut them off, so it should work for these as well?

16. Will look it up and talk to him about it

Honestly I have been doing research for about 2 weeks now, my buddy is the one being a nerd and learning everything about shrooms, ill stick to weed... He said to pull em... we didnt take everything out, so there ARE still some guys in there, hopefully ill go check em today and they will be bigger?

Once again, this is our first time, and im happy to just see some boomers! lol

ALSO-
    The jars in the first pics never took off, it could have been tons of things that we will need to correct. We got a colonized jar about 10 days ago, did the casting and 10 days later had a harvest.... is this normal for anyone who had grown before???

...This will probably be a never ending thread, or I might make a new one with all the pictures from this thread, and continue there...

17. hell yeah man.

I am looking forward to some more pictures.

18. thats not a bad thing lol, im sure there are lots of blades out there who want to grow shrooms. i know i do, and i did a little bit of research, i think 20 days is REALLY fast, i may be wrong though.

if everything goes well ill be growing some next year when (IF) i move out

19. #39 Miguel420, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
    You get 2 or 3 flushes ("harvests") anyway, without dropping spores. Outdoors, the spores dropped usually help the patch to come back year after year, this wouldn't work indoors though.

Your shrooms look delicious man, and 20 days is faaast! I've probably been waiting 20 days on pins from this mycobag :( Had the temps way too low, hopefully they're coming soon.

edit: oh, it wasn't 20. I guess 10 days from casing is a quick harvest too!

20. 20 days is fast from a fully colonized cake to first flush? I dont know cuz I dont talk to the guy who gave us the shit...

They grew so quick when they were in the tub... i swear they were closed one second and seperated the next. We totally missed the chance for spore sprints... even tho one of the smaller caps got a NICE spore print on it from a taller one... we are letting it go lol.